Chapter 19>>>

"Love is never about finding the hand that perfectly fits yours. It's about finding that one person who is willing to hold hands no matter how unfit it may be."

Shailene's POV
"It felt weird." I tell Theo. He came home about an hour ago and now we're eating dinner.

"Why?" He asks taking another spoonful of his soup.

"Because I was alone in your apartment, with your things... and it was just weird." I explain, tearing off a piece of my bread and take a bite.

"Sorry." He says. "I never said it was a bad weird." I point out taking a sip of my water and wearing a smirk that gets Theo to laugh lightly.

"Very true Woodley." He says and this time we laugh together.

>>>>>>

His warm breath mixes with the coolness of the breeze against my skin, sending chills and Goosebumps all over me. My hands begin shaking, followed by the rest of my body.

The weight of him on top of me is as heavy as the world on my shoulders. My screams and prayers muffled by his filthy hand, covering my mouth- and anyway to call for help.

The lights of the club glowing in the near distance, so near but yet so far. Darkness flowing over me and around me, as if taking me to hell.

He whispers into my ear, something nasty and something that makes me scream more- still coming out muffled.

The feel of his hands on me, in places I've never had a man touch me makes me cry. The fear that this will end in the worst scenario.

The leather and metal of his belt is heard, signaling that he's undoing his belt and soon his pants.

It all falls to the floor and next thing I know--

I jerk awake, breathing heavily and more alert than ever. "You okay?" I hear a voice and I had forgotten for a moment that I'm still at Theo's.

"Ye--yeah." I stutter and he wraps his arms back around me, tighter this time. As if to keep me within safety, in his protection.

"I'm here, he's not." Theo says and I guess it wasn't hard to tell what my dream was about.

I nod slowly, and try to let the comfort of Theo's warm body sooth me.

Well you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missing home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go

His voice sings softly against my neck, lulling me into sleep.

Staring at the bottom of your glass

Hoping one day you'll make a dream last

But dreams come slow and they go so fast

You see her when you close your eyes

Maybe one day you'll understand why

Everything you touch surely dies

But you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

>>>>

"Why not?" Theo asks buttoning his last button. I'm fully dressed for school and we're getting ready to have breakfast. But now he's trying to talk me into going to a therapist.

"Because I don't need it, I don't need therapy." I say walking into his kitchen.

"Shai, you do." I roll my eyes at that.

"Shai, you were almost raped. You were sexually abused, I'm telling you... you need to talk with someone about all this. You can't keep it all inside." Theo says getting a pan out.

"I talk to you." I say picking at my silver nail polish.

"Besides me." Theo say rolling his eyes, taking eggs out of the fridge.

I sigh. "I'm just scared I guess." "Why?"

"Because she'll judge me." I say and Theo turns to look at me, an egg in hand.

"She won't. She'll help you get through this, you just have to give it a chance." He says turning back to face the stove.

"I guess." I finally say. "I'm not trying to push you into it, even if it may seem like I am. I want what's best for you, and right now... talking to someone is the best thing." Theo says and I blush with a smile.

He admitted a feeling without even realizing. He truly cares for me, and about me. And that there, makes me feel warm and bubbly inside.

"Thank you." I say and get up. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him, resting my head in the crook of his neck. Taking in the scent of the cologne he just recently put on.

"I do care for you Shai. Nothing will change that, and I'll always want what's best for you." Theo says and I kiss his cheek.

Then he leans in and we kiss, a soft genuine kiss- one full of thankfulness for each other. And God am I thankful for him.

A/N: Hey All! Finally updated, sorry for the absence there. A little black and white Theo at the top there! (: Anyway... how was this chapter?? Be honest?? And I'll soon stop with the whole thing with her being assaulted, if you were thinking that ugh she's still continuing that. Sorry for the rant... but leave comments... vote... spread the word lol! Thanks all and luv to you all!❤️