Realization

Alastor POV

As I watched Lucifer and his daughter walk towards the park I turned the opposite way and went to the doctor's office. Once I arrived I gave them my mother's information and informed them I needed them to refill her prescription I waited at the front desk as they refilled it. As I waited I looked around the hospital seeing all the sickly people hoping they would get better. I sighed and they gave me her refilled prescription and paid them for it. As I was walking out I decided to go to the grocery store, my mother did say she was low on groceries. As I began walking I saw the playground Lucifer and his daughter was at. I chuckled remembering that he got jealous over Rosie thinking me and her were together, which will never happen. I kept walking although I did want to go and talk to him, he did look so deep in thought, scaring him would be easy. But I thought against it and to let him be. I continued walking to the grocery store and once arrived I looked at the list my mother gave me of the stuff she needed. Most were just easy stuff to find like bread, fruit and meats. But some were harder to find or get sick as cheese or yogurt. As I waited in the line to check out and buy the things she needed, I could see the park that Lucifer and Charlie were at. As I watched the two I became in awe. Lucifer was a good father and a loving one at that. Unlike his father.

(Flashback)

"Oh father father! Look at this big frog!" The young Alastor said to his father showing him the frog. As he turned around to show him it he was slapped on the back of his head. "Why must you touch that grimey thing, put it back!" He yelled at his son, as he yelled his mother came outside to see her son crying and her husband yelling at him. She went over to the young Alastor and checked to see if he had any injuries only to see the tears he held. "My dear how about you go inside dinner is ready." "Okay Mama" Alastor said to his mother the tears slowly coming to an end. As he headed inside he heard his parents beginning to yell at each other. Then he heard it, his mother's cry. His father had hurt his mother. This made him cry so he ran inside to his room. He soon cried himself to sleep listening to his father drag his unconscious mother in side.

(End of flashback)

That memory made tears well in my eyes but I didn't dare let them fall. I bought the items and headed towards my mother's home. As I walked up to the front door I saw my father wasn't home. I knocked. She opened the door. "Oh my dear Alastor! Your back and I see you have bought the items I needed thank you so much!" "Your welcome Mama it's no problem! Would you like some company?" He looked at his mother and then he saw a cut on her face but didn't bring attention to it. His mother looked at him. "That would be lovely dear are Lucifer and his little girl home?" She looked excited for a moment which doesn't happen a lot. "Ah sorry mama they aren't home but I know where they are were having dinner at Rosie's later in the evening after my radio broadcast!" He says with a happy look. "My my Alastor you look so happy! Please tell who or what had made you so happy, I haven't seen a real smile from you in years! Who's the lucky girl!!" Alastor looked away blushing a bit as he didn't know what she was possibly talking about. "Mama whatever are you talking about?" He said still blushing but looking back at her. His mother looked at him "You know what I'm talking about, who are you seeing, dating, or crushing on?" He looked at his loving mother. "Mama I like a man, not a woman and I don't know if I 100% like him...I-I don't even know if he likes me-" he said looking down sadly, his mother gently grabbed his chin and made him look at her. "I have a feeling on who it is and by the way they look at you is say he loves you." Alastor looked at his mom and nodded. He leaned into her hand with tears going down his face. "Thank you mama for everything." "It's not a problem dearie, but give it time also it's too soon to admit it as he may not realize it or may not accept it yet give it a few weeks or months." "Yes Mama." He said still leaning into her hand but the tears have come to a stop. He smiles at his mother and backs away and waves his hand to say goodbye. He begins walking towards his radio tower as he sees the light in Lucifer's house indicating he's home. He wants to go and be with him but he does have a radio broadcast to do since he was off yesterday. As he continues walking he sees the same doll but ignores it. Then he sees a little name tag on the doll. It holds Lucifers daughters name, he pick up the doll and continues walking to his station and unlocks it and enters inside. He sets the doll on his desk and flips his "On Air" sign so people know not to barge in. He turned on his mic and began: "Well hello listeners it is I the one and only Alastor hosting your station today! Welcome back to the best station in Louisiana! I will begin with our normal half hour jazz!" He says enthusiasticly as he turns down his mic and plays the jazz music. As he listens to the music all he can think about is Lucifer the only one in the world who could've caught his attention. The only one who caught his love, his passion. He thought about dancing with him to this song, his smile, his laugh, his beautiful eyes. He snapped back to reality when the music ended, he turned his mic back up. "Well folks that is all we have time for today I wish all of you a lovely evening and goodnight!" He says as he turns everything off and locks up for the night. He heads back towards Lucifers house with the doll in hand and I knock on the door.