11

Everyone was buzzing with excitement at the thought of meeting the other group, a reaction that was surprisingly out of character for them. In the past, the mere idea would have made them cringe; they would have dreaded such an encounter, wishing to avoid it at all costs. Yet, this time, something felt different—there was a genuine eagerness in the air, a sense that they actually wanted this meeting to happen. It was almost as if they were truly looking forward to it, anticipating what the experience might bring, and embracing the unfamiliar thrill that came with it.

"Is everything cleaned?" Seonghwa asked the others.
"Mom, this is the 20th time you asked." Wooyoung whined.
"Oh please. Can we atleast be a bit presentable?" Seonghwa rolled his eyes.
"Presentable? You've asked the same thing atleast 50 times!" Mingi replied.

"Whatever." Was the last thing that came out of Seonghwa's mouth.

After what felt like the hundredth time cleaning the place, everyone finally finished tidying up and anxiously awaited the doorbell's ring. Seonghwa, being the perfectionist he was, had put his foot down and banned anyone from sitting on the freshly cleaned couch, even though they were all visibly exhausted. Despite their weariness, they obediently sat on the floor, their impatience growing with each passing moment. All they could think about was hearing that long-awaited "ding" from the doorbell—a sound that would signal not only the arrival of their guests but also permission to finally get off the floor and relax.

When the doorbell finally rang, everyone's heads snapped up in unison, their anticipation reaching its peak. Slowly, smiles began to spread across their faces, growing wider with each passing second. This was the moment they had all been eagerly waiting for, the culmination of their preparations and excitement. It felt as though time had been building up to this very instant, and now, with the sound of that ring echoing in their ears, they knew that everything they had been looking forward to was about to unfold.

"Everyone, behave." Seonghwa warned with a glare, before smiling and opening the door. Some two-faced bitch he was, damn.

As the door swung open, a hurried Hongjoong was revealed, seemingly in the midst of giving last-minute instructions to his members. His words were cut short, however, the moment his eyes landed on Seonghwa. Almost instinctively, Hongjoong's expression softened, and he offered Seonghwa a warm, genuine smile. Seonghwa, in turn, returned the smile and promptly invited them inside, holding the door open with a welcoming gesture. 

The group followed Hongjoong's lead, each member bowing respectfully as they entered. They knew better than to skip this gesture—if they didn't, Hongjoong was bound to revert to his absolutely horrifying side, something none of them wanted to experience.

The moment Yunho and Mingi laid eyes on each other, they froze in their tracks, their breath catching in their throats. But within seconds, wide smiles spread across their faces as they both surged forward, eager to hug each other. Mingi practically launched himself into Yunho's arms, one leg lifting into the air while the other wrapped securely around Yunho's torso. As if by instinct, Yunho's hands found their way to Mingi's waist, pulling him even closer. Their faces nestled comfortably into each other's necks, a sign of the deep affection they felt. The sheer excitement radiating and spontaneous display of affection took everyone by surprise.

"How've you been?" Mingi asked pulling away from the taller's embrace.
"Without you? Horrid." Yunho joked, making the 2 laugh. 

The interaction was adorable. And they made everyone in the room smile asides themselves.

 Maybe they were going to be on better terms after all.