47

The sun was setting, casting a soft golden glow over the city as Yunho leaned against the railing of the rooftop. It had become his escape, the one place where he could gather his thoughts and breathe when everything felt overwhelming. But tonight, there was no escaping his thoughts. Not when the weight of what had happened between him and Mingi still hung heavy on his heart.

He'd been here for almost an hour now, just staring at the horizon, trying to figure out how to fix things. They'd been through so much together, and now, after everything, he was scared they were drifting apart. The fight had been unexpected and sharp, and Yunho regretted every harsh word he'd said.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching from behind. He didn't need to turn around to know who it was.

"Hey," Mingi's deep voice cut through the quiet, and Yunho sighed softly, his heart clenching at the sound. He stayed silent for a moment, unsure of how to respond, but he didn't have to say anything—Mingi already knew.

"You're not going to talk to me?" Mingi asked, his voice softer now, almost hesitant. He stood a few steps behind Yunho, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his hoodie, his expression unreadable.

Yunho let out a heavy breath, running a hand through his hair before turning around to face him. "It's not that I don't want to talk," he started, his voice low. "I just...don't know what to say."

Mingi nodded, stepping closer but keeping enough distance to give Yunho space. "I get it," he murmured, his gaze dropping to the ground. "We both said things we didn't mean, and now...everything feels off."

Yunho felt a pang in his chest at Mingi's words. He hated this—hated the distance that had formed between them, hated how awkward it felt to just talk to him now. They'd always been so close, so in sync, and now it felt like that connection was fraying.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Mingi," Yunho finally said, his voice thick with emotion. "I was just ...frustrated. About everything. The company, the future, all of it. But that doesn't excuse the way I treated you."

Mingi looked up, his eyes softening as he met Yunho's gaze. "I know you didn't mean it," he said quietly. "I was frustrated too. We all were. But I shouldn't have pushed you like that either."

They stood there in silence for a few moments, the weight of their unspoken feelings lingering in the air. Neither of them knew how to move forward from this, but the one thing they both knew was that they didn't want to stay like this—stuck in this awkward tension, too afraid to say what needed to be said.

"I miss us," Yunho admitted softly, his voice barely above a whisper. "I miss how we used to be. It feels like everything's changing, and I don't know how to stop it."

Mingi's heart ached at Yunho's confession. He could see the pain in his eyes, the uncertainty that had been gnawing at him for weeks. And the truth was, Mingi felt the same way.

"I miss us too," Mingi said, his voice rough with emotion. "But things are changing, Yunho. We can't control that. What we can control is how we handle it...together."

Yunho's eyes softened, and for the first time in what felt like forever, he allowed himself to hope. He took a step closer, closing the distance between them. "I don't want to lose you, Mingi. Not as my friend, not as my partner in this... whatever this is."

Mingi's lips curved into a small smile, a hint of his usual playfulness returning. "You're not going to lose me, Yunho. I'm not going anywhere."

Yunho let out a soft laugh, relief flooding his chest. "Good. Because I don't think I could handle it if you did."