14

6 years later

"Where are you going so early? Stay longer" Gracie pouts and rubs her eyes. You had to go to work so you couldn't stay longer.

You and Gracie Abrams, yes Gracie Abrams singer and old classmate have been friends with benefits for almost two years now. No one really knew but you two and Taylor, not even Camila knew and she knows everything about you. You can positively say you have no feelings for Gracie, it's just sex. Gracie is a nice person, someone you wouldn't think of ever hurting so you always know your limits with her. Always making sure she doesn't fall in love with you.

"To work and aren't you supposed to be at the studio?" You tell her

"Taylor doesn't need you so badly and yea but when it comes to you I could skip an entire day" she smirks

You're Taylor's personal assistant now. Taylor became really famous almost right after high school it's crazy but you couldn't be any prouder. You're still in the process of becoming a lawyer so this is something temporary. Bills still exist and they still need to be paid you know?

"She does need me a lot actually you'd be surprised" you laugh as you finish putting on your shoes.

You feel her wrap herself around you pulling you back onto the bed. The bed where you two spent most of your nights in, it was literally almost every night. Making each other feel good but thats all it was.

"Will you be back?" Gracie whines

"Probably not I have a meeting" you say

This is what you mean when you know your limits. You know that agreeing with her too much can lead to attachment and that's the last thing you need. You've declared that you're okay living the rest of your life single and enjoying life. It's stress free and most importantly heart break and hurt free.

"That's a bummer but guess who I'm seeing today after so many years?" Gracie exclaims

"Who?" You quickly reply

"Dua Lipa! crazy huh? Like we haven't seen each other, yet we're in the same industry but like right after senior year she went ghost on everyone" She says now getting up from bed too

Your heart almost entirely breaks once you hear that name. Dua was finally getting what she wanted, her music was getting really popular but you were still able to space her out of your life. Making your own playlist, avoiding listening to the radio at all time, even wearing headphones in any store you walked into just in case they were playing her music. You can't lie and say you aren't curious to know how's she doing but you can't for your own sake and peace.

"Oh that's cool" you say bluntly

"Yea we're gonna write a song together for my new album remember "The Secret of Us", Taylor and I are too it's so exciting" Gracie gushes

You were excited for Gracie too, she was your friend to begin with so why wouldn't you be? It was odd the way you became her friend though, Taylor was still very close with Gracie after high school so you had to deal with her being around. One night Gracie just apologized for what had happened before in school. Saying it was all Dua's idea but it was never meant for you but for Camila, which confused you but apparently Dua made up some dumb lie, not surprised. Anyways you forgave her but suddenly Gracie became a little obsessed with you, in a sexual way. She took the risk one day and kissed you.

"That does sound exciting well, I'll see you around" you say heading towards the door

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at Taylor's home you're greeted by her cat, Olivia. She purrs and rubs her head on your leg causing you to smile and reach down to carry her. It's so different now, she used to live in an old cottage like house and now she lives in this huge mansion, however hers feels very homey and warm. She has her parents living with her meanwhile your dad basically hates your guts and you see your mom occasionally same with Timmy.