One | K A P P A G A M M A

I took a deep breath as I stepped into the sorority house, my heart racing with excitement. This was it. The start of a new chapter in my life.

As I made my way down the hallway, my gaze was drawn to the details that decorated the walls – large, antique mirrors and tables holding pink vintage chandeliers and vibrant floral arrangements that added a touch of elegance to the already beautiful space.

Reaching my dorm room, I paused for a moment, preparing myself before pushing open the door. I was immediately greeted by a cheerful voice from who I assume to be my roommate and the Kappa president.

"You must be Scarlett! Welcome to the house, babe!"

Turning towards the source of the sound, I found myself face-to-face with a petite blonde, her emerald green eyes sparkling with warmth.

"I'm Penny. It's so great to meet you!" the girl continued, crossing the room to give me a hug. "I've been looking forward to meeting my new sorority sister."

I returned the embrace, with a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips, "It's wonderful to meet you too, Penny."

"Well, then, let's get you settled in!" Penny exclaimed, pulling away and gesturing towards the empty side of the room. "That bed is all yours. I already cleared out a spot in the closet and the dresser for your things."

"Thanks." I nodded as I began unpacking my belongings. "So, what can I expect being in a sorority? I mean, I've heard all the stories, but I'm sure there's more to it than just parties and social status, right?"

Pennys expression became more serious, "There's definitely more to it than that. Being part of a sorority is about the sisterhood. We have a lot of fun around here so nothing to worry about."

I nodded, "Sounds amazing."

Penny's smile widened, and she reached out to give my hand a gentle squeeze. "I'm so glad to hear that. You're going to love it here, I just know it"

As I continued unpacking Penny took the opportunity to fill me in on some of the basic sorority rules and protocols. "There are some other things you'll need to know," she explained, her tone becoming more serious. "For starters, it's really important that we maintain a certain level of decorum, both in the house and out in public. We have a reputation to uphold, you know?"

I nodded, my brow furrowing slightly. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, you know, just little things like always looking our best, being polite and friendly to everyone we meet, and staying away from any behavior that could be seen as scandalous," Penny said, her eyes emitting a subtle warning.

"Gotcha," I replied, making a mental note.

"There's a party coming up thats a big deal, Scarlett," she said, her eyes gleaming with excitement. "All the fraternities will be there and it's mandatory we all go there."

"Okay thanks." I continued unpacking.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself, Scarlett," Penny said, sitting on the edge of her own bed. "What are you studying? Any hobbies or hidden talents I should know about?"

I paused, considering the question, "Well, I'm majoring in English, with a minor in creative writing. I've always loved literature. As for hobbies, I enjoy painting, ballet, and reading...."

Penny grinned, nodding in approval. "English, huh? I can definitely appreciate a fellow bookworm. We're going to get along just fine, I think."

I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Penny was nothing like the sorority stereotype I expected to encounter. Maybe sorority life wouldn't be as bad as I had thought.