Thirty six | E L O P E D

I woke up early, feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. Today was the day Rafe and I were finally going to tie the knot, just the two of us and Tommy. No big fuss, no huge wedding party, just a quiet, romantic elopement.

As I got ready, I couldn't help but feel a little emotional over the fact that I would spend the rest of her life with the man I loved.

Rafe knocked on the door, and my heart skipped a beat. "Hey, beautiful," he said, his eyes crinkling at the corners as he smiled. "You ready to do this?"

I nodded, "Absolutely."

Rafe chuckled and came over to help me with my dress. "You look stunning," he said, his eyes locked on hers. "I'm the luckiest man alive."

I felt a blush rise to her cheeks as Rafe handed me a small bouquet of wildflowers. She took a deep breath, grabbed Tommy and together, they walked out into the bright, sunny day, perfect setting for the elopement.

Their ceremony was being held at a small, secluded spot overlooking the ocean. The sun was shining, and the air was filled with the sweet scent of blooming flowers. I felt like I was in a dream as Rafe took my hand and we walked down to the water's edge.

Tommy was sitting in a stroller, playing with a toy car and babbling excitedly as we passed by.

As we reached the water's edge, our officiant, a kind-faced woman with a warm smile, greeted us. "Welcome, Scarlett and Rafe," she said. "Today, we gather to celebrate your love and commitment to each other."

Rafe squeezed my hand. I looked up at him, and our eyes locked, filled with love and adoration.

The ceremony was simple, but heartfelt. We exchanged vows, promising to love and cherish each other, through thick and thin and then we exchanged rings once again.

As we sealed our vows with a kiss, Tommy let out a happy squeal. This was it, I thought, officially married to the love of my life.

After the ceremony, we took a few photos, with the stunning ocean views behind them. I couldn't stop smiling, feeling like the luckiest person alive.

As we made our way back to the house in the car, Rafe turned to me and said, "I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else."

My heart swelled with love, "I love you, Rafe," I said, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I love you too, Scarlett," Rafe said, his eyes locked on mine. "Forever and always."

And as we drove home, our hands intertwined, finally we were arrived. I got outside the car but stayed in the vehicle, "I gotta stop somewhere I'll be back by dinner."

I furrow my brows, "O-Okay." I went inside grabbing Tommy and sat on the couch in the living room as Tommy was playing with his toys at my feet. I then get a phone call from Lilah, I quickly pick it up.

"Hey, girl! I've got some great news," Lilah said, her voice bubbling with excitement.

I smiled, happy to hear that. "What is it? Did you book an event?"

Lilah laughed. "Not just one event, Scarlett. I booked three! And some of the girls I recruited did too. We're going to be busy, but it's going to be worth it."

My eyes widened in surprise. "That's amazing, Lilah! I'm so proud of you. How did you manage to book so many events?"

Lilah chuckled. "I just worked my magic, Scarlett. You know I think I'm pretty good at this. But seriously, I think it's because we're offering a unique service. People are willing to pay top dollar for our expertise."