Chapter 6: Spotlight

The flashing lights of cameras surround me as I step onto the runway, the weight of a thousand eyes focused solely on me. I move with confidence, each step carefully measured, each pose perfected. Modeling is an art, and like everything else in my life, I've mastered it.

The photographers call my name, begging for my attention. I give them a slight smile, just enough to drive them wild. They're so easy to manipulate, so desperate for the perfect shot. And I am happy to provide it.

To the world, I am Nakamura Kazuki the face of luxury, the embodiment of elegance. Every brand wants me, every designer dreams of dressing me. They see me as flawless, untouchable. And I let them believe it.

But behind the glamour, I am always calculating. Always thinking about the next move, the next target. Modeling is just another mask, another way to keep the truth hidden. No one questions the perfect model. No one sees the monster beneath the surface.

As the show ends, I make my way backstage, greeted by the usual swarm of assistants and stylists. They fuss over me, adjusting my clothes, touching up my makeup. I tolerate it, letting them believe that their efforts matter.

But all I can think about is how easily I could end them, how simple it would be to slip away from this world of superficiality and return to what truly matters.

"Kazuki-san, you were amazing as always," one of the assistants says with a bright smile. She looks at me with admiration, completely unaware of the thoughts running through my head.

I return her smile, polite and charming. "Thank you," I reply, my voice smooth and controlled.

It's all part of the act.