chap. ¹⁷

chapter seventeen
( seconds later )

chapter seventeen ( seconds later )

"WRAP IT TIGHTER!"

Maggie pulls on the belt as hard as she could. Cassie puts two fingers on Hershel's neck, checking his pulse.

"Find me something to put him on!" She yells, Glenn runs pass the survivors. He searches the kitchen for medical supplies, finding none.

"Glenn!" Cassie yells, he comes rushing back with a table.

"Who are you people?" One of the prisoners asked.

"Don't look like no rescue team." Another says.

"If that's what you're waiting on, good luck." Daryl said, sarcastically. Rick and T-dog pick Hershel up and put him on the table.

"T, the door." Cassie shouts.

"Are you crazy? Don't open that!" A survivor shouts at them. T-dog opens the door and him and Glenn kill the walkers in their way.

"Daryl, let's go!" Rick yells as they run down the hallway. They went left then right then left and right again until they finally made it back to the cell block.

"Open the door!" Cassie yells, Benny comes running towards the door and unlocks it.

"What happened!?" Lori asked, the group pushed the table into one of the cells.

"He got bit." Rick said.

"Did you cut it off?" She questioned.

"Cassie did." Rick tells her as they move Hershel to one of the beds.

"I need bandages." Cassie says.

"We don't have any." Glenn told her.

"Get some! Anything!" She yells.

"Benny, go pull some sheets. Carl, get the towel next to my bed." Lori said.

"What do you need? What do you need?" Rick asked Cassie.

"My bag." She tells him, he runs to her cell and brings back her bag. Cassie digs through it and finds her first-aid kit. Benny and Carl come back with sheets and towels. Cassie grabs a towel and dumps alcohol on it— though, she has very little if it.

"Fuck." She curses under her breath.

"Get me some pillows." She says, applying the towel to his wound. Benny comes back with two pillows and Cassie puts them under Hershel's leg.

"I need more alcohol." Cassie told them, even though she knew they didn't have any.

"He's bleeding through all the sheets." Maggie said.