chap. ¹³

chapter thirteen
( the next day )  

"PLEASE!"

Daryl hits Randall again, harder. Cassie, Rick, and Shane had brought him back to the farm, chained him up in the shed. When the rest of the group saw, everyone had an opinion. They didn't tell the group what really happened, they just said they had some trouble. The next morning came quickly and Rick asked Daryl to have a “talk” with Randall, see if he can give them any information about his group. Shane asked Cassie to watch in. So there they were, Cassie and Daryl— she leaned on the wall asking questions while Daryl got the answer out of him. Randall cried out as Daryl hit him again.

"Please, I already told you." He says.

"You haven't told us anything." Cassie said, Daryl hit him again.

"I barely knew those guys— I just met 'em on the road." Randall tells them.

"How many in your group?" Cassie asked, Randall sighs and shakes his head.

"Okay then." Cassie says, pulling out Daryl's knife she had in her back pocket.

"Whoa, wait! No, no, no, no, no, no!" Randall said, getting scared. Cassie hands the knife to Daryl, he takes it.

"Please!" Randall shouts just before Daryl cuts his leg.

"How many!?" Cassie shouts at him.

"Like thirty! Thirty guys!" Randall told them.

"Where?" Cassie asked, Randall shook his head again. Daryl looks at Cassie and she nods, he cuts Randall again.

"Okay! Okay." Randall shouts.

"They have weapons— real big ones, okay?" Randall said.

"Please, I didn't do anything!" He tells them.

"You're boys shot at my boys." Cassie told him.

"You just went along with it and you're trying to tell us you're innocent?" Cassie says.

"Yes!" Randall shouts.

"These people, they took me in. It's not just guys— it's women and children too, like you people. I thought I'd have a better chance with them, you know?" Randall tells her, Daryl paces back and forth.

"But... one night, we found this little campsite. A man and his two daughters— like thirteen, fourteen." Randall said.

"Real young... real cute." Randall says, looking down. Cassie straightens up and Daryl stops pacing as they realize what he's saying.