chap. ²⁴

chapter twenty four
( two days later )

chapter twenty four( two days later )

THE group were all sitting in the back, trying to understand how Tyrese and his group got in. About two days had gone by and Cassie's injuries were more visible. She had a big bruise on her forehead and a big hand print on her neck. Her wrist had very visible red bruises on them from the ropes. And the flash wound in her arm wasn't even deep but it would leave a tiny scar. Hershel had tended to her and made sure no harm had come to the baby. Thankfully, all her injuries were minor and the baby should be fine.

"But we cleared the boiler room." Glenn says.

"Tyrese said he came through a side door that led them right to the boiler room— back here." Benny explains, pointing the chalk drawing Glenn did of the prison on the floor.

"That means there's another breach. The whole front of the prison is not secure. If walkers just stroll in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men." Glenn tells them.

"Why are we even so sure he's gonna attack? Maybe you scared him off." Beth says, Cassie sighs.

"He has fish tanks full of heads— humans and walkers, trophies. He's coming." Michonne told them.

"We should hit him now." Glenn said.

"What?" Cassie questioned.

"He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head." Glenn tells them, he's angry. Everyone can see it and they understand why but they've seen what anger does to Cassie and they don't want Glenn to be like that too.

"We're not assassins." Cassie says, he ignored her and walked over to Michonne.

"You know where his apartment is, right? We could end this tonight." He says, Michonne looks away.

"I'll do it myself." Glenn told her, she sighs and nods.

"He didn't know you were coming last time and look what happened. You were almost killed, Daryl was captured, Maggie and Cassie were harmed." Hershel said.

"You can't stop me." Glenn says.

"Rick would never allow this." Hershey told him.

"He's not here." Glenn said, Cassie stands up.

"No but I am, and I can stop you." She tells him.

"If this governor is really on his way, we should be packing to leave." Carol says.

"And go where?" Glenn asked.

"We lived on the road all winter, we'll manage." Hershel said.

"That was when you had two legs, Cassie wasn't pregnant and we didn't have a baby crying every four hours." Glenn told him.