chap. ²²

chapter twenty two
( a couple minutes later )

CASSIE sat in that corner, tapping the knife of her machete

CASSIE sat in that corner, tapping the knife of her machete. She is waiting patiently. Mooney and Faith sat as far away from the door as possible, per Cassie's request. She knows men like the governor and she knows Chris. She knows any moment now, he'll come back. And just as she thought so, she hears Maggie and Glenn's voice. She runs up to the door and bangs on it, alerting them.

"Maggie!" She shouts, the door unlocks. Cassie sets her machete down in the corner and gets ready. The door swings open and a man comes in, grabbing Cassie. He ties her hands in front of her and gags her again. He pushes her forward and she notices that another man walked into the room, towards the girls. Chris appears in front of her, scaring Cassie.

"My love." He says, running his hand across her face. Cassie shakes him off and he grabs her arm, pulling her into the hallway where she sees Maggie and Glenn kneeling in the ground. Chris gets behind Cassie and puts his arms around her, holding her still.

"Don't worry, darling. We're not gonna kill you, we just want you to watch. Merle points a gun at Glenn's head, Cassie starts to pull away from Chris. This was an execution. Cassie was trying to get to Glenn— her best friend, a person so dear to her that losing him would kill her. Chris held on tight as Cassie tried her hardest but was unsuccessful. Suddenly a bang went off and smoke filled the hallway. Chris loosened his grip, Cassie took this chance to kick his leg and he let her go as he fell down.

The smoke made it hard to see but she didn't care, she ran back to the dark room. She ripped open the door, seeing the man from earlier stroking one of the girls hair. Cassie ran and grabbed her machete, plugging it into his head before he even got a chance to get up. She removed her gag and used the machete to cut the rope holding her wrist together. She hears footsteps outside, she was ready— the next person she saw was gonna get his neck slashed. A tall, dark man appeared with a machine gun, Cassie pushed him into the wall and held her machete up to his neck until she recognized him.

"Oscar? She questioned, releasing him.

"Damn, girl. You're really strong." He says, with his hand on his back.

"Cassie." Rick said, coming out of the fog with Daryl. Maggie and Glenn come running up to her, both hugging her.

"Are you okay?" Maggie asked her.

"Uh-huh." Cassie says, more gunfire is heard.

"We gotta go." Rick whispers, pulling Cassie. She pulls back and runs back into the room.

"Girls!" She whispers, Mooney and Faith come into the light. Cassie could finally see their faces clearly. Faith had pale skin and a pink doll dress on. Mooney had darker skin and a blue doll dress on, she had dry blood on her face and neck.