Chapter 22: New Coach?

“I see… No Coach! You can’t control me as if I’m your prisoner. I should know about his intentions soon!”
“Ashley.” Coach called me while his head was poking inside between the ajar door.
“Yea Coach?”
“Come… I want you to take a look at our match and analyze it like what you did for Sunday’s matches.” He left, leaving the door open.

“Can it be… no! It can’t be!”
__________

   Coach! There are many other people out there that match your ideals! I don’t wanna be the one! He didn’t even ask for my consent! Okay! Calm down, Ashley! Let’s finish today’s session, then I can think about what shit I put myself through!

   When I arrived at the main salon, I was met with a very rare scene, seeing Coach standing on the fighting mat with an opponent. Although I was a bit mad at Coach for not asking about my opinion about MY OWN DAMN FUTURE, I couldn't miss this lifetime chance of not seeing him sparing! One time, I saw it, and I was quite amazed. In fact, his phenomenal sparring was the reason I joined his gym in the first place.

   “Ashley?” He called me rather softly.
“Yes Coach?” I looked at him with raised eyebrows.
“Take notes of what you see here. I want to analyze my students.”
“Me or him?” That came out loud while I intended it only for myself.
“Both.” He chuckled.

   He’s being too nice right now which is really weird. I don’t get a good gut feeling about it. Maybe I’m being too sensitive on this matter, but one never knows when coaches change their mood! I was so deeply in my thoughts that I hardly saw the signal Coach sent to me to start the sparring.

   I went and sat down near the mat to have full visual access to their sparring. As I sat, they started. They both started to circle the mat which got me curious, and I took a look at their faces. Coach’s face was calm, cool, and full of confidence meanwhile’s Ben’s eyebrows were twisted, and I swear I could see drops of sweat on his forehead.

   It’s just a match, Ben. Chill! You don’t need to get over stressed! But hey! Isn’t that what Coach wants me to analyze? Well… Hmmm… let’s see… Coach is confident which is normal since he’s more powerful and skilled than Ben; however, personally I think that Ben is being too timid. Just because Coach is a skilled person, it doesn’t mean that he’s the almighty superior! I’m sure that he has a vulnerable side as well. I just need to find it while analyzing his sparring! Is that even possible?

   I swear that it’s been five minutes since they are circling the mat, and none of them is attacking. What can be the reason? Hmmm… Maybe… Maybe, it’s because Ben is still too stressed to start, and Coach… Coach wants to test his patience or maybe he’s just having fun which is a possible chance. Well, that makes sense!

   In the midst of my thoughts, Coach smirked and changed his foot places a bit. Damn! He wants to attack.
“Ben! Watch out!” I shouted and got the attention of all the gym members. People looked at me as if I was crazy! From my spot, I noticed Jace left his muscle up and moved to me while Ben quickly moved and dogged Coach’s punch.
“Thanks Ashley!” Ben shouted back.
“Do you plan to train all the people at the gym?” Jace taunted me and sat next to me.
“No! More like saving someone whom I just met!” My answer came out sarcastically.
“You were supposed to analyze the match not to be Ben’s instructor; you’re not fair.” Coach acted like a small kid!
“He’s my friend, Coach not you!” I boldly answered Coach back. I don’t mind if it’ll come with some consequences later on. Where’s the fun if I don’t mess with my dear Coach? He can’t always have fun all to himself, right?

   Coach in a swift moment moved forward and kicked Ben in his legs. As a result, he fell on the mat! I shouldn’t shout next time.
“Ben! I shouted to get your attention not to distract you! Don’t move your head toward me!” That idiot. Is he my senior or am I his senior? I think the latter is correct. This doesn’t look like a skilled fighter sparring. Did he even train before his rematch with Coach? Hmmm… interesting… I think my dear senior forgot his brain at home alongside his training schedule. He is not at all prepared, which is a deadly mistake in front of Coach. Let me be honest with you, my dear audience! From what I’ve seen so far that I’ve been here, he is skillful enough to even win over the professionals who come unprepared, let alone his trainees whom he knows inside out with their weaknesses.