Chapter 6 : Finally, the day is finished!

After the warm up that he showed me, he put another pair of bandag out of his pocket. Then wrapped it around his hands.

He isn't... he... he isn't gonna spare me right?
RIGHT?!

SAVE ME GOD!
_____________
Ashley p.o.v

I should've asked uncle for some basic moves! I have this feeling that, this isn't gonna end well.
I looked at him ready for any explanation that may be useful for me to protect my bones.

"So first jab. It's like a simple punch and it's a very common move. It's used in most of the martial arts. Put both of your hands up, protecting your face, like this."
He administrated the move.
"Then keep your right hand in its place and your lead hand, which is your left, extend it straightly forward and spin it like this. Then quickly put it back. Don't make it fall. Just the way you extend it pull it back in its place. Remember the more you're open, the more you give your opponent time to attack you."

The lesson went on, with him explaining and at the same time showing me the moves. From jab to cross, hook, uppercut and kicks, front kick and back kick.
It was fun! I enjoyed it so much.

After quite a while, I had something to do; besides teasing  my brother. I could practice at home while I don't have to hear complaints from mom to do something else rather than hanging around, doing nothing.
This was a new start, and I could feel it with my blood and flesh.

"Any doubts? If you have any problem, then say it. Not just today but in any session; ask whatever in your mind, okay?"
"Yes coach; I'll remember. No doubts for now, everything is clear."
"Good. Now let's have a mini sparring."
I gulped for the nth time today.

"But... umm... but we haven't learned that much to have a fight, right?"
He smiled. The ones that tells me he knows; I'm scared.
"It's not like what you saw at your school. You're not at that level, so I'm just gonna stay here with pads, and you're gonna administer the moves I just taught you, then we'll see to it."

Oh! Such a relief I was like a ball of stress, that got bigger with every passing seconds. So it shouldn't be that hard, I think.
He stood in front of me.
"Now Ashley! Show me what you got!"
His words acted like magic, and pumped Adrenaline into my veins.

I messed up with my language, at least I can show him how good I am in this job which I chose.
I started with a jab, and before I give coach time to get ready for the move; I tried a Cross, which ended with my hand in the pad and his fist right in front of me face.

My eyes widened, and my mouth went dry as well.
Damn man! He is so fu*king fast! What is he made of ?
"Think wisely when you use two moves that have the same target. Again!"
I nodded.

As I guessed, nothing goes hidden from him. He pointed about every single mistake that I had, and he would make me to do them several times to make sure I learned them correctly. No doubt that he wants all of his students to be at top. Brandon was right; I had to run when I had the time! Well too late! I'm stuck now!

This practice went on and on and on till I felt I need to rest, else I would've fainted. Plus we were at the end of the class.
"Okay, enough for today. Go drink some water, amd come back."
Come back? Aren't we done? He said it's enough... oh crap!
He meant for my cursing. Dman!

What am I... cough cough.
I chocked on the water while I was thinking.
My sound got coach's attention, and he ran to me.
Without hesitation he patted my back.
"What happened? You're okay?"

I cleared my voice.
"Yeah coach. I'm fine. Its just happened!"
"If you want to hide your feeling , you have to try harder."
I looked away, as I had nothing to say. This guy was a mindreader, and I didn't want to say things in my mind which I can't explain later.
Whatever! Let's end this misery.