Chapter 21: Getting to know Ben

“Yes, she was just like you said.”
“Is she doing fine?”
“Yeah Coach. She seems wise enough now to train her as planned.”
__________

In the last class, I was thinking whether it was worth it to listen. This period’s pain was killing me, and the worst is yet to come! I have an important session with Coach this evening. Not to mention, I have intentionally walked a little bit on his nerves on Sunday. I shouldn’t have messed with him about matches. Now, he thinks that I’m a professional coach, and I’m quite sure he will use it against me today in the training either to fuel me up or to use sarcasm with me.

“Okay class… Do you have any questions?” Our biology teacher addressed us.
Oh! Finally, we are free earlier than we should. I can take pain medicine.
“I have a question, teacher.” The bookworm of our class raised his fu*king hand.
You little son o… Deep breath Ashely… We shouldn't lose control after trying so hard to reach here.

“Are you okay?” Mark looked at my face.
“Hmm… I thought we would leave soon, but it doesn’t seem like it now.” I whispered back.
“No, I mean… Are you really okay? You seem a bit pale.” He took one of my hands.
“Your hand is cold.”
“Don’t worry it’s the usual monthly uninvited guest, my period. I’ll be fine when I
get some fresh air outside.” He unconvincingly nodded his head.

We were so into our conversation that we missed Mr. Nerdy’s question, and then the teacher dismissed us. As soon as those three holy words
‘you are dismissed’ got out of her mouth, I flew outside along with Mark. We walked side by side silently until he broke the silence.

“Are you gonna go for training today?”
“Yeah? What a ridiculous question, Mark!”
“But… But… You don’t seem to be in a good condition.”
“I don’t care. I never cared for my period. It can do whatever it wants. When I wanna go, I will go without any doubts, and nothing and no one can stop me, even this stupid period.”
“Never mind! Changing your mind is harder than changing our math teacher’s mind in order to convince her not to take a quiz.”
“Pleasure!”
“That wasn’t a compliment for your information.” Mark hitted my arm.
“I took it as one, though.” I grinned.

When we arrived at the entrance, I saw dad waiting for me, so I kicked Mark as a goodbye and went to dad.

“Hi dad.”
“Hi. What’s up?” Dad started the car.
“Nothing much. We had a quiz then other classes to attend.” My voice was a bit shaky since I was feeling a bit faint.
“Ashley? Are you okay?” Dad asked with his concerned voice.
“Yeah… I’m just tired.”
“We’ll arrive soon, and you can rest a bit before going to the gym.”
I nodded my head and stood silent.

When we arrived at home, I headed to my room to change. I decided to eat something before going to the gym else I was sure that I would faint.
I quickly changed into my black and white pants and top then went downstairs.

At the end of the stairs dad was talking with mom, and I quickly tried to reach them.
When I reached the last step, I felt dizzy and lost my control then fell on the ground while the last word I heard was the combination of my parents voices shouting Ashely.

*A few moments later*

“Look Alexander, she’s opening her eyes.”
“Ashley? Do you hear me?”
“Maybe she’s still unconscious.”
“Maybe… Ashley…”

What just happened? Oh god… I… I fainted, like literally fainted.
“I’m fine.” I weakly answered.
Mom put dad aside and sat next to my head.

“Do you want to rest? I think you’re not in a condition to go out, let alone training!”
“She’s right Ashley. You should keep your health in mind.”
“I’m fine. I just didn’t eat enough, I guess.”
“Ashley…”
“No dad! I wanna go. I’m fine.” I quickly stood up and grabbed my gym bag that was on the floor.