Chapter 14: Ummm... Sorry?

"Do you think dad and mom are awake?" Ashley asked her brother despite being mad at him like every other prank night, but it was necessary to be safe at home

"I hope they are! Else!" Alec's eyebrows twisted together as he thought about the possibilities of their parents reaction if he and his sister were found at home front door 3 am in the morning.
"Maybe we should go from back door?" Ashley smacked the back of her brother's head.

"Idiot! We don't have a fu*king back door!"
"Yeah... forgot?"
"Tsk, tsk, tsk! I wonder how you listen to your courses at the university Mr smart a*s!"
"I'm not that bad little sis! I know 2+2= 4!"

Ashley laughed loudly for the first time after their argument.
"I wonder why! Dad's wasting his money I swear!" She chuckled.
"Says the girl who doesn't study at all!"

And that was it. They got back to be good again. This was Ashley and Alec when they wanted to make up. This teasing went on until they arrived at their front door.

Suddenly, the door opened, and their dad appeared in front of them.
"Where were you two at this hour!?"

"Fu*k!" Ashley whispered.
"This isn't real!" Alec followed Ashley's word.

"You two have a lot to tell me!"
_______________________________

"Do you mind telling me what is going on?" Alexander said after they were inside sitting like two naughty children getting ready to be scolded.
"Umm... we were tired of staying at home, so we decided to take a walk together." Ashley tried to reason with their dad.
"Yes dad. There's nothing to worry about." Alec supported his sister's words.
"And you two thought I was born yesterday? I've been in this path before! Don't try to make it like I've got no idea of what you two do each night. You go out and come back home sneakily!" Alexander claimed with anger visible in his voice.

Both Ashley and Alec stood silent. In fact, there were nothing much to say since their father knows more than they imagined. They looked at each other as if looking would make them come with something reasonable; however, nothing came up to their fortune.

"Dad... we... I mean..." Ashley tried to come up with something good, but her mind was still in shock of what she had seen of her dad's intelligence. Alexander raised his eyebrows at her effort to speak.

"I'm waiting continue!"
"Umm... we try not to cause problems anymore!"
"True dad!" Alec supported her.
"I don't believe it until I see it with my own very eyes. For now! Both of you go to sleep. I decide what to do with you two tomorrow. As for you Ashley, I'll be sure that your coach be notified about what you've done. That's enough giving you chances to change."
Ashley got alert after she heard her dad.
"Dad! Please! He's already ready to kill me if I mess up at school! If you tell him this, he'll definitely won't let me live!"
"He doesn't eat human being Ashley." Alexander answered calmly.
"How are you sure? Maybe he's just waiting for an opportunity to do so!"
"Oh, for God's sake Asley!" Alec hit her on her shoulder, "He won't! I'm sleepy! Let's talk about it tomorrow."

"There will be no tomorrow! You two won't hang around after school or university until I allow you two."
"Dad!"
"Come one!"
"I said what I wanted to say. Good night."

"We aren't kids anymore!"
"Aha! Who then goes out at night just to prank? Me?! Don't think so! Sleep." Alexander was leaving for his room when Ashley triggered him.
"Just like what you did to me when you snitched on me to coach dad! I thought we were clear about that!"
"I told you that I would make it up for you."
"Then tonight is the night that you do so. Forget whatever you saw tonight!"

Alexander walked calmly to her.
"And I should do so because?"
"You promised me!"
"Fine! But, keep in mind that I'm watching you two!"
After that he left with quite anger at Ashley while she looked at him with the same anger.
"I never thought he would know this all the fuc*ing time!" Alec exclaimed quite surprised.
"I'm not surprised! Our dad was a quite trouble maker back at home."
"How do you know?"
"He talked about it once with me, and he narrated one of his stories."