Chapter 27

"Yumiko. Are you okay?" Todoroki asked, meeting me outside. I nodded.

"I just want to head home. I don't really like public places." I fiddled with my white skirt. He sighed.

"I'm sorry. Would you like me to take you home?" He asked. I shook my head.

"You can stay and have fun. I'm fine." I waved my hand dismissively.

"I wasn't having that much fun anyway." He started walking away from the building. I sighed.

"Wait for me!" I sped up to catch up to him. We left the area of the building and headed to our neighborhood.

We stopped at a boba place and then headed home. I thought he would split ways with me once we hit the intersection, but he walked me all the way home.

"Thank you. I had fun... for the most part." I bowed. He bowed back.

"Of course." He said. I turned around to walk inside my house, but he grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

"Yes?" I turned around to face him.

"Here." He shoved something into my arms.

"W-"

"Bye! See you later!" He ran away quickly. I sighed and entered my house. What was that all about? I took my shoes off at the entrance.

I headed upstairs. I walked into my bedroom and collapsed on my bed. Ugh... I need to take a shower. I peeled myself away from my bed and set the envelope Todoroki gave me on my bed.

I walked into my bathroom and hopped into the shower. After my quick shower, I got dressed into more comfortable clothes.

I walked back into my room to see Miko sniffing the envelope. I sighed and sat next to the cat, grabbing the envelope.

"It smells like him, huh?" I giggled when Miko answered with a meow. I opened up the envelope and pulled out a silver heart locket as well as a note.

"Meet me at the park at eight pm tomorrow." I read out loud. I shrugged and set the note down. I observed the locket.

"It's pretty..." I mumbled, messing with it. It opened and revealed a small piece of paper.

'You.'

I gasped. I looked back over the note, rereading it multiple times. Is he going to confess to me!? What's going on!? Why me!? Why!? I crumpled up the paper.

"Fuck."