Chapter 26

"I can't rollerskate." I said as Todoroki approached me with a pair of skates. The rest of the group was already on the floor. He stared at me blankly for a minute.

"What?" He stared at me, confused.

"I never learned..." I fiddled with my white skirt. My cheeks were pink from embarrassment. What teenager doesn't know how to skate? Gosh... I probably sound like a weirdo.

"I can teach you... if you like.." he said. My eyes widened as I gasped.

"Would you?" I clasped my hands together. He nodded.

"Yeah, of course." He smiled at me. I blushed slightly. I hid behind my hair, trying to calm my flushed cheeks when he turned around for a second.

We found a seat, and I slipped off my converses. Todoroki helped me put on the skates. He even tied them. I felt like a princess.

When Tsu suggested we should all go rollerskating, I thought my life was over. It's not that I didn't want to learn it was more like my mother never allowed me. She said I would get hurt and bruise my beautiful body. When Todoroki said he would teach me, I was very ecstatic but also very nervous.

"Come on." He took my hands and helped me stand up. It felt weird. I held onto his hand tightly as he directed me to the floor. My nerves started to kick in.

"You got it." He squeezed my hands slightly. I nodded and joined him on the floor. I held onto him as he took me over to an empty wall.

"Try and balance yourself." He said. I tried, but I started to fall. He grabbed onto me.

"I can't!" I held onto his arms tightly. He sighed.

"Yes, you can." He said. After a few yells and falls, I finally started to get the hang of it. We started to skate very slowly. I smiled, proud of myself. This was kinda fun. We soated next to each other. He grabbed me and spun me around a few times.

Some kids got on the floor and started urging us to go faster. I started to panic, and I tripped over someone's skate and fell on my ass. My hands shook from anger.

"Out of the way, lovebirds!" A kid shouted.

"Yumiko!" Someone called out my name, but it was really faint. All I could hear was my heartbeat. And the anger I felt in that moment. The next thing I knew, three people fell on top of each other. One had a very bad nose bleed. I glanced over at Todoroki, and he was standing there in disbelief.

My heart beat pounded against my chest. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK. Not again. Not again. I pulled at my hair and skated off the floor. I took off the skates and switched my shoes. I returned the skates and left the building.

I sighed, breathing in the fresh air. I don't know why I was so angry. Was it because he was the reason I fell? Or was it because of what he said. My hands clenched into fists. My fingernails dug into the skin of my palms.

I guess I was angry because of the term "lovebirds." It's not fair. I know why um angry now. I like him. But I don't think I deserve it. Maybe I should visit Dr. Lee again. Tears formed in my eyes as I sat down on the curb.

Fuck.... this isn't fair.