Chapter 22

I sat up straight in Misa's chair in front of her vanity. She was going to help me with my hair. Today is the summer festival. I didn't plan on going because of how many people were going to be there, but alas, Izuku convinced me to go. Apparently, all of class 1A were going because they were going to a training camp.

"Aww, your yukata is so cute. I love the cherry blossoms." Misa picked up the cherry blossom hairpin she was going to put in my hair. Our family is known for cherry blossoms, so we always have things related to the trees on our outfits during events. It's fucking stupid. But it's kinda pretty.

"Yeah..." I said as Irene laughed. It was an inside joke between the children of the Kisaragi house. Nobody hated Sakura trees. We just felt ill emotions toward the pink tree. The trees were beautiful. My tail swisher around as Irene put some makeup on me.

"Done!" Misa cheered.

"Same here." Irene pulled away from me. I looked at myself in the mirror. The feeling I felt was different from my birthday. It wasn't quite me, but it wasn't the little girl who wanted a normal birthday. Something changed and... I like it a lot.

"Do you like it?" Misa asked. I nodded.

"I love it!" I smiled. Irene and Misa squealed.

"You're all grown up!" Irene sniffled, wiping away a fake tear. I rolled my eyes. She's so dramatic sometimes. I giggled quietly anyway. A knock on the door stopped our giggles.

"Yumiko." Yumo walked into Misa's room. What did he want? Shouldn't he be at his boyfriend's house?

"Yes?"

"Do you uh... need a ride?" My twin brother asked. I glanced over at my older sisters, and they nodded at me. My relationship with Misa changed... maybe ours can, too.

"That would be nice." I muttered. He nodded, and I grabbed my bag. We walked downstairs and into the garage. A personal driver was there waiting for us. I got in the back of the car, and so did he. I glanced over at him.

"Are you... going to the festival?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, I thought it might be fun." He answered. I nodded, and my tail flicked around beside me. Our tails brushed against each other. This is so fucking awkward.

I stared out the window as the car got further and further away from the house. Our "home." My getaway from everyone. My leg started to bounce up and down. Usually, I'm not this anxious, but I couldn't help it. There was this feeling in my gut that I didn't like. It wasn't unbearable, but it wasn't... a good feeling.

Once we arrived, Yumo helped me out of the car. At first, I was confused, but once I saw some paparazzi, I understood. I rolled my eyes and pulled my phone out of a hidden pocket in my yukata.

               Class 1A (plus Yumi!)

Kitty <3
I'm here
Where are you guys?

My little pony
I'm with Kirishima and the boys
We're at a food thing

All Might Jr.
Yumi
I'll send you my location

Kitty <3
Okay!

I sighed. He was pretty far away. I didn't want to do all that walking but whatever. I started walking away from Yumo when he grabbed my wrist.

"Do you need something?" I quirked a brow at him. He grip on my limb loosened.

"Where are you going?" He asked. I stared into his eyes. My ears dropped slightly. Why does he look... worried? It'd be better if he didn't care.

"To go meet up with my friends. Isn't that what you should be doing?" I ripped my wrist away from his grip and crossed my arms.

"I kinda wanted to hang out with you..." he sighed. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why?"

"I don't know..."

"Why don't you know?"

"I just miss you! Okay?" He shouted at me. I flinched. I stared at my feet. What's the point of caring. Why now? After all these years. Why? Why? WHY?

"Yumiko!" I felt someone wrap their arms around me, engulfing me in a hug. Their arms were wrapped around my waist, and they rested their head on mine. I glanced back and saw a familiar peppermint haired boy.

"Todoroki!" I gasped. I heard him sigh.

"I told you to call me Shoto." He said. I chuckled.

"Apologies, Shoto." My eyes widened as he smiled. I don't see him smile much, but when he does... I- I can't finish that sentence. Let's keep things rated pg 13.

"Is this how you interact with your... friends?" Yumo asked, looking Todoroki up and down.

"Sometimes, we can't contain our love for her." Tsu said and stood by my side. What's going on?

"Yeah!" Ochaco agreed. Ida nodded.

"Hey, Yumo." Izuku shook hands with my brother. I sighed in relief.

"You know this guy?" Ochaco asked. Izuku nodded. I escaped Todoroki's hold and stood next to my brother.

"He's my twin brother." I said. My friends gasped.

"Really!?" Tsu asked. I nodded.

"Yumo Kisaragi." He bowed. Ida bowed back, and everyone introduced themselves. Yumo's gaze lingered over Todoroki a bit longer than the others. What the hell does he want?

"Can we go now?" I asked impatiently. I really just wanted to be far away from Yumo. He makes things so... awkward.

"Yeah, let's go." Izuku grabbed my wrist. We all walked around, eating different high calorie food and buying expensive things. Tsu bought us all masks, and we all tried them on. Yumo and I had matching fox masks.

"Yumiko." Todoroki tapped my shoulder. I turned around.

"Hm?"

"Here." He stepped closer to me and put something in my hair. I flinched when his fingers brushed against my head.

"What are you doing?" I stepped back.

"I put a cherry blossom in your hair." He said.

"Oh.." I nodded. He doesn't know... maybe I won't tell him. I don't want to hurt his feelings.

"Guys! Hurry up!" Ochaco hurried us. We both nodded and walked side by side. It's alright... if it's from him.

Later that night, we all found a good high place to watch the fireworks. I don't really like fireworks because of the noise, but I wanted to experience this. I needed to. It felt like forever before the fireworks went off.

"Wooo!" Ochaco and Tsu cheered as I flinched from all the noise. Tenya waved a little flag around, not noticing my discomfort. My brother stood close to me, trying to give me some comfort. I appreciated it. I glanced at all my friends. They were staring at the fireworks except for one.

Todoroki was staring at me.