Plate 1

Oh my gosh. I actually cried as I wrote that last part. Oh my gosh. Anyway warnings for probably a fight argument and talking through feelings. Nya popped off in this one, and then the next one I'm probably gonna pop off. This is a rare one where I didn't show the plot of the second half yet. I honestly just believe this was needed.

Jay and Nya angst galore. Hehe.

Tw: Themes of self hate, possibly implications to self harm, and nearly doing unalive.
_________________________________________

“Thanks for finding me in the woods, so this is your original home?” Cole asks Zane and Zane beams. 

“Yes, but me and Jay also found more information on your mom and powers.” Cole's head lifts as Jay then approaches him. 

“We did…” Jay says with a worried glance. Cole lifts a brow and Zane beckons him to another room. Cole goes before Jay, who keeps his eyes to the floor. Zane then grabs a specific book. 

“But first, Jay wanted you to know about this.” Cole looks at Jay, walking away, and opens the book. He skims through tales of his mom's adventures and smiles brightly. A tale about a garden, her friends, some stuff on his grandfather as well! Cole nearly cried, as Jay and Zane watched with knowing stares. 

Cole's eyes read… .and he heard Jay whimper. Cole looks at the words more… .and closes it. 

“She said her name was Lisbeth on a page before this.” He says to Zane, who takes the book. Cole turns to Jay. Jay's lip quivered. 

(He's gonna hate me, he's gonna hate me, he's gonna hate me!)

“I'm sorry, I know you probably would have wanted to know… .I'm sorry!” Cole blinks and he walks up to his friend. 

“Yeah.. .that kinda sucks to find out, but you aren't responsible for it.” Jay frowns. 

“Huh? But that is my… .was my mom.” Cole shrugs. 

“You weren't raised by her and it says more about you, that you showed me.” Cole looks down, and shut his eyes for a second. Jay looks puzzled. 

“I'm not holding you for something that you knew nothing about or were responsible for.” Cole places his hand on Jay's shaking shoulder. 

“But-”

“It's fine, Jay… .Hey Zane, you said you found more about powers?” Cole turns with a smile. 

“Yes, follow… .I have a feeling we can start training while we're here.” 

They left and Jay stood there. 

“He isn't mad? Or upset?” His shoulder fell and he glanced at the book. 

“Lisbeth?” He whispers and grabs the book, to see no mention of the name. 

“Huh?” 

“Did Cole know her name, or did he just make up a name on the spot?” He asked himself and then headed to the others. Zane grabs books from a fire symbol shelf and water soon after. Jay glanced at the lightning one. 

“Maybe, not today.” He lowers his head and leaves Cole and Zane to plan some training. He walks back into the main room, and glances at Nya putting her coat on. 

“Reality being a disappointment, why don't you go outside?” A familiar deep echo came to Jay's ear. 

“Huh?” Jay then shook his head. 

(Guess, I'm going crazy again) 

“Come on pup, we know you want to leave and just separate yourself from this and Libby.” Jay looks around.