Mindful part 2

Zane follows Kai to the deck. 

“I wasn't thinking, ok!” Kai turns to the taller and Zane looks at him. 

“Everything requires thought, Kai, especially powers.” Kai huffs and moves away from Zane again, but like a dog, Zane keeps following. 

“Can't you leave me alone?” Zane looks forward to the desert. 

“People normally shouldn't be alone when they are your age and feeling heightened emotions.. .and given you can turn into a wolf, it will cause damage to you or others.” Kai furrows his brows. 

“What the fuck does that mean, and I'm not going to hurt myself.. .God!” 

“By the statistics you'd be amazed, also lycans are known to have heightened emotions.. .or, it's different for everyone… .I saw Cole when his emotions were loud.” Kai blinks at Zane. 

“You really are different.”

“I guess I am, but so is Cole, and Jay.” Zane says and tries to give Kai a smile. Kai frowns. 

“Look, I appreciate what you're doing, or at least trying, but you're not good at this emotional stuff.” Zane blankly looked at him. 

“I am not, but since that's the case with me, what are you feeling?” Kai looks up at him and sits on the railing of the ship. 

“I guess.. .I'm just… .feeling embarrassed, I don't like hurting anyone, but I.I just didn't think and I wanted to know how powerful I could be.” Kai smiles, but Zane watches him lower his head. 

“Have you ever wanted to know if you were born for more, or..  .I don't know.. .I guess I should probably apologize to Jay.. .And Cole for yelling at him.” 

“I have often wondered who I am.” Zane says and Kai watches him look at a set of hares in the sand. 

“Where I come from.” Kai nods. 

“But I can at least have a family here.” Zane says and turns to Kai. He stands up. 

“Let's go get Jay and Cole.” Kai is helped up by his brother and the head inside, and find their bedroom locked. 

“This door locks?” Kai looks at Zane pulling a key from somewhere and he opens the door, and Kai stares at Cole and Jay. Both in wolf form, with pillows around them like tanks. 

“What the fuck?” Kai laughs and Cole gets up. 

“We were playing.” Jay barks as he then smacks Cole with a pillow. 

“Oh… .wait aren't you injured!” Jay wags his tail. 

“I'm a high tolerance for pain.” 

“Yeah.” Cole changes back and stretches. 

“We're really getting good at transformations.” Zane blankly says and sits by Jay, and strokes his fur. Kai breathes out. 

“So about earlier.” Cole crosses his arms and lowers his head. 

“Sorry about yelling at you.” 

“Same here.” Cole and Kai shake hands and Kai looks at Jay. 

“It's fine, who wants to go play outside, I feel like running!” Jay barks and leaps to the door and races out. 

“Hey!” Kai goes after him and changes to his wolf form and Cole watches Zane get up. 

“You talked to Kai?”