𝗣𝗟𝗢𝗧𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗣𝗟𝗢𝗧𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚

The Gryffindor common room was unusually quiet for a Friday night. The fire crackled softly in the hearth, casting flickering shadows on the walls. Harry Potter sat slumped in an armchair, his eyelids heavy with exhaustion, as Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger huddled around the table, their voices hushed but urgent.

"Alright, so we know Fluffy is guarding something important," Hermione whispered, her eyes darting around to make sure no one was eavesdropping. "And it has to be the Sorcerer's Stone. I've read about it—Nicholas Flamel created it, and it can grant immortality."

Ron leaned forward, his voice tinged with excitement. "And Snape's trying to steal it! We have to stop him before he gets his hands on it. We'll need to get past Fluffy, then through whatever traps are set up."

Harry nodded absently, his mind drifting away from the conversation. When will this end? he thought, his eyes drooping as he struggled to keep them open. I just want to go to bed. Why does it always have to be us?

"He's just like you Prongs," Sirius whispered to James while controlling his laughter making his best friend pout at the comment.

Hermione's voice snapped him back to reality. "Harry, are you even listening? This is important!"

"Huh? Yeah, of course, I'm listening," Harry mumbled, trying to focus. "We need to stop Snape... right."

"Definitely you," whispered Remus from behind making Sirius lose his control and laugh heartily making their friend pout even more.

Ron shot him a look. "You don't sound convinced. Don't you want to keep the Stone safe?"

"Yeah, yeah, I do," Harry replied, stifling a yawn. "I'm just tired, that's all. Let's... let's just get this over with."

Meanwhile, in the dungeons of Hogwarts, the atmosphere in the Slytherin common room was far more serious. Victoria Black sat at a table with Adrian Pucey and Marcus Flint, her expression stern as they pored over a list of house regulations.

"The first years are struggling with the rules," Victoria said, her tone measured. "They're not used to the structure here, and we need to make sure they understand the importance of discipline in Slytherin."

Adrian nodded in agreement. "Some of them are already falling behind. We can't have that. They need to know that Slytherin expects excellence."

"Is it really that strict?", whispered a second year Hufflepuff who receives a nod from the current Slytherins in the hall.

Marcus leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. "We can help them, but they need to want to improve. If they don't, they're just going to drag the house down."

Victoria sighed, glancing at the group of first years who were huddled in the corner, nervously whispering among themselves. "They're just kids, Marcus. They need guidance, not pressure. We have to show them that being in Slytherin isn't just about ambition and cunning—it's about loyalty and strength too."

Adrian raised an eyebrow. "And how do you propose we do that?"

"We'll start by pairing them with older students as mentors," Victoria suggested, her voice firm. "People they can look up to and learn from. We need to build them up, not tear them down. That's the only way they'll succeed."

"That's a really good idea!", exclaimed Regulus Black happily

He was really proud of his future niece and knew the Noble House of Slytherin was in the right hands.

Marcus nodded slowly. "Alright, I can get behind that. But they still need to toughen up. Slytherin isn't for the faint of heart."

Victoria gave him a small smile. "They will. But first, they need to feel like they belong. We're a family here, and it's our job to make sure they understand that."

The three of them continued discussing strategies, their focus on ensuring that the youngest members of their house found their place in the often cutthroat environment of Slytherin.

Back in Gryffindor Tower, Harry's head drooped as Ron and Hermione continued to plan. He could barely keep his eyes open, his thoughts drifting once again. When will this end? he wondered, longing for his bed and the sweet relief of sleep. But deep down, he knew that as long as there were dangers lurking in the castle, sleep would have to wait.

The last statement was enough to change the hall's environment from happy to sombre.