Chapter 25: The Hidden Truth⭐

Jimin's POV:

I watched Y/N walk away, and I felt a knot tighten in my chest. She looked back at me once before she left the library, and I quickly pretended to be focused on my laptop. I didn't want her to see the frustration in my eyes or the confusion I felt. I knew she wanted to talk about last night, and I knew I couldn't let her get any closer to the truth.

I slammed my laptop shut, leaning back in my chair. Damn it. Why was this so hard? Why couldn't I just tell her how I felt?

I needed to get out of here. I couldn't concentrate, not with all these thoughts swirling in my head. I took my laptop, shoving it into my bag. Maybe a change of scenery would help clear my mind. Maybe some fresh air would make me feel less like I was losing control.

As I stood up, I glanced out the window and saw her walking away from the library, her hair blowing gently in the breeze. She was looking down, probably lost in thought, and I wondered if she was thinking about me... about us. I quickly looked away, tightening my grip on my bag. I couldn't keep doing this to myself.

I needed to focus on something else, anything else. I slung my bag over my shoulder and made my way out of the library. My steps were quick and purposeful, but my mind was anything but. 

I could still see the way James had looked at her, the way he talked about her as if he had any right to. The way he said he'd make her his... it made my blood boil.

I found myself walking without any real direction, just moving to keep myself from overthinking. The campus was quieter than usual, probably because of the rain earlier, and the February chill was starting to set in. I tightened my coat around me, wishing it could protect me from more than just the cold.

After a while, I found myself at one of the smaller, more secluded cafes on campus. It was a place I rarely went to, but today it seemed like the perfect place to hide away from everything. I picked a table in the back corner, away from the windows, and pulled out my laptop again.

I stared at the screen, the unfinished animation staring back at me. It was supposed to be for Y/N, filled with things that reminded me of her—her favorite flowers, the little moments we shared. But now, looking at it, it just felt like a reminder of how clueless I was. I clicked a few keys, adding a few more frames, but my heart wasn't in it. Not anymore.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I ignored it, not wanting to see another post about flowers or Valentine's gifts. I needed to focus, to distract myself, but all I could think about was Y/N. Her smile, her laugh, the way she made me feel less like the nerd everyone thought I was.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. Maybe this was a mistake. Maybe I should just forget about the animation, forget about trying to tell her how I feel. 

I wasn't the kind of guy girls like her fell for. I was just... me. And she deserved more than that.

I tried to go back to working, but my mind was still a mess. 

Maybe I needed a stronger distraction. I closed my laptop again and grabbed my bag. I couldn't stay here any longer. I needed to get away, to clear my head. Maybe a walk around the campus would help. Or maybe not. But I had to try something. Anything to get her out of my mind, even if just for a little while.

As I stood up, I noticed her walking down the path outside the window. 

I froze, watching as she moved closer to the building. She looked around, probably looking for me. My heart skipped a beat, and I quickly turned away, heading for the door. I couldn't face her right now, not like this.

Not when I was so close to breaking.

Y/N's POV:

I was determined to clear everything up, to get some answers. Jimin's behavior had me worried, and I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. I searched for him everywhere on campus, retracing my steps from earlier, but he was nowhere to be found. Frustration and worry were bubbling up inside me.