Chapter 26: Unspoken Words🌼

Jimin's POV:

It was late, around 9 PM, and I was in the final stretch of finishing the animation I'd been working on for Y/N. The task had consumed me, providing a temporary escape from the chaos in my mind. I was determined to complete it, to give her something that represented my feelings in a way words couldn't.

With the animation finally done, I made my way to my locker to drop off a few things. My thoughts were still tangled in the mess of my emotions, but I was trying to keep a clear head. As I opened my locker, I noticed a letter that hadn't been there before.

Curious, I picked it up and unfolded it. The neat handwriting was unmistakable. It was Y/N's.

Dear Jimin,

I'm sorry for not being able to find you earlier. I saw you at the garden and wanted to talk, but I didn't want to intrude. I know things are confusing right now, and I just want to understand what's going on. I'm here if you need someone to talk to, and I hope we can sort things out. I want to make it right. 

Please take care of yourself.

—Y/N

I read the letter several times, my mind racing as I processed her words. The concern and warmth in her message cut through my self-reproach and confusion. It was clear that she cared deeply, even if I had been too wrapped up in my own issues to fully appreciate it.

As I stood there, holding the letter, I felt a mix of relief and guilt. Relief that she was reaching out, trying to bridge the gap between us, and guilt for not being honest with her about everything.

The animation I'd made was a small token, but it felt inadequate compared to the genuine care she was showing.

I looked around the empty hallway, the weight of the letter in my hand feeling heavier than I expected. I needed to talk to her, to clear the air and explain myself. But I also knew that I had to confront my own feelings first—something I had been avoiding for too long.

I folded the letter carefully and placed it back in my locker, closing it with a soft click. My heart was pounding with a mix of anxiety and hope. Maybe tomorrow would be the day we finally sorted things out.

As I left the building, I glanced back at the locker one last time, a silent promise to myself to make things right.

I headed to Y/N's dorm, my mind filled with a swirl of emotions. I hesitated for a moment in front of her door, unsure if I should intrude. But the letter and my own feelings propelled me forward. I knocked softly, but there was no response. I knocked again, a bit louder this time, still met with silence.

With a deep breath, I turned the handle and pushed the door open, stepping inside. The room was dimly lit, the only source of light coming from a small lamp on the bedside table. I saw Y/N lying on her bed, her back turned to me as she faced the wall. Her posture seemed tense, her body language closed off.

I walked in quietly, trying not to disturb her. My heart was pounding as I approached the bed.

"Y/N?" I called softly, hoping to get her attention without startling her.

She didn't respond immediately, and for a moment, I worried she might not have heard me. I took another step closer and gently touched her shoulder.

"Y/N, it's Jimin. I—"

She turned slowly, her eyes red and puffy from crying. Seeing her like this made my heart ache. I was about to speak, but the words caught in my throat. I sat down on the edge of the bed, my gaze fixed on her.