chapter XXXI

Ally POV

I am now looking at Yana who is explaining in front, she looks very serious while speaking. You really can't joke around when the conversation is this serious.

"Okay, do you have any suggestions for this event?" She asked us.

"Regarding this event, since it's about the Ber months, I thought why don't we have games related to Christmas. And everyone should have their own Christmas hat, but it should be self-made to make it beautiful," Jus suggested.

"Yes, that's right, and let's add to that, why don't we have a glass dance? And the money earned can be donated for the upcoming events," Kian added, impressing us.

"Wow, first time suggesting something with a point, new achievement for someone like you, the flirt," Shane teased him.

We all laughed at Kian's reaction. He's so cute, like a puppy.

"That's mean, can't a guy like me contribute something good to the world without being teased for it? Alam ko namang pogi ako pero bawal din bang maging matino?"

"Ang hangin naman, nakakapagtaka wala namang bintana sa office pero makakapasok yung hangin dito" parinig ni shane ka kanya kayaShane hinted at him, making us burst into laughter again.

"Okay, let's get serious now, thank you for the suggestions Vice and PIO. We can add that to what we're planning for the event. Any suggestions for the games?" Yana asked while looking at us.

"Bring me, it's a common game but exciting," Maya suggested with a smile.

"Sus para-paraan talaga tong si uyab, alam ko namang isa sa ipapagawa nyo ay 'bring me your pangarap'. Kaya ako agad ang lalapitan mo kase pinapangarap mo ako,"

I just laughed at Maya's reaction to what Kian said.

"There's no cure for that," Maya said, teasing Shane.

"Nice one, Maya," Shane said, laughing before playfully hitting Maya on the shoulder.

Maya just grimaced at what Shane did before rubbing her arm.

"Enough with the nonsense," Yana scolded Shane, quieting her down.

Yana started explaining again, and we all participated. Because of that, we quickly finished the meeting.

"Okay, Maya, about the poster contest, what's your plan? Do you need help with the drawing?" Yana asked Maya as she packed her things.

"Okay lang ako, kaya ko yun. Yung activity nyo nalang yung problemahin mo, narinig kong hindi pa kayo nakakapag-simula dahil hindi kayo magkaintindihan," Maya said with a smile, looking at Shane.

"Alright," Yana said, looking confused. "Okay, Kian, about your performance in December?"

"Wow, love, that's far off, but yes, I already have a song in mind, for a special person. You'll find out who during your acquaintance party," he said with a smile and a wink.

"Actually, I already picked a song for Valentine's Day, I've already started researching so I won't have a hard time finding one."

"That's good to hear, how about you, Shane, you're part of the cheerleading squad, right? Do you have your stunts ready?"

"I have them ready, I'll outshine the opponents with my beauty, they'll be mesmerized and that will lead to their defeat, hahaha," she said, laughing.

"Such a show-off, are you saying they'll lose because of how bad your dance is?para ka ba namang inasinan na bulate kung sumayaw,"  Jus replied with a grin.

And there they go again, starting to stare at each other, one teasing while the other annoyed.

"Nagsabi yung manok na putak ng putak."

"Is that all you've got? Can't you come up with something more painful?" Jus teased him again.

"Is there something more painful than that?" Jus replied.

"There is, want to try it?" Shane said with a smile.

"Alright, try it, ouch," Jus said as Shane hit him.

"There, that's more painful, isn't it? Does it hurt?"

Jus just winced at what Shane said, it must have been a painful hit. I approached Jus before he was asked if he was okay, and he replied with a 'yes'.

"That's enough of that, I'm happy to hear that everyone is focused on their responsibilities. In a way, you've lightened the load for us by participating."

"That's nothing, Pres."

"Okay, thank you once again, you may leave now."

time passed<

I'm walking towards the parking lot when I caught sight of Mitch standing outside the gate. Why is she here? Is she waiting for someone?

She looked anxious where she stood, unable to stay still. So, to find out why she was there, I approached her.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked with a smile.

"Oww, h-hi, um, nothing, I just wanted to see Yana, I have a question to ask her," she replied, furrowing her brow.

Why is she stuttering? Did she do something wrong? She couldn't even look me in the eye, which only increased my curiosity.

"You're meeting Yana behind my back," I said before pouting. "That's a secret camp."

"Ah, n-no, I just really have a question for her, I'm transferring here and tomorrow is my first day. I just wanted to ask who can give me a tour, because the one assigned is the student council secretary," she explained to me.

"Oh, okay, why didn't you say so earlier?"

"It's supposed to be a surprise, but because you caught me, it won't happen anymore."

"Oh, geez, sorry, I didn't know, I thought you were already meeting Yana."

"It's okay," she replied with a smile before glancing behind me.

I saw her expression soften, who did she see? I looked behind me to see who it was, and there I saw Maya, walking with her cousin and Shane. They seemed happy, but my eyes were focused on Maya.

She's a beautiful girl, and she has a sense of humor, one of the reasons why she's close to everyone. I can't blame Mitch for falling for Maya. Because Maya is perfect, she's humorous, friendly, intelligent, and beautiful. She has everything.

I returned my gaze to Mitch, she was still looking at Maya, as if she had no intention of taking her eyes off her.

"Hey, do you have a plan? Are you thinking of joining the volleyball team. As far as I remember, you used to play, there might still be a spot open, maybe you'd like to join?" I grabbed her attention.

"Ah? Ah, yeah, I'll join, it wouldn't be right to waste my volleyball skills," she said with a smile, the kind of smile that always warms my heart.

"By the way, is Maya your classmate? Do you know which org she belongs to?"

Here we go again, my chest tightened at her question. She still hasn't moved on from Maya. Since she arrived, she hasn't looked at anyone else but Maya. I know I have no right to be jealous, but it hurts to think that the person you love has feelings for someone else.

"Actually, we're not classmates, she's in HUMSS while I'm in GAS."

"Oh, I see, well, okay, I have a lot of things to do, so I'll go ahead," she said, about to leave when I stopped her

"Aren't you going to ask Yana? Why don't you go to her first? She's still in her office, do you want me to accompany you?"

"Ah, no, I'll just chat with her, she was busy earlier so I couldn't call. But now that the meeting is over, I guess it's okay. Don't worry, I'll just chat with her."

I couldn't do anything but let her go, that's what she wanted, there's nothing I can do.

"Bye."

She shouted as he waved, I waved back before watching her leave. I let out a deep sigh before walking again. It's better to leave this place than to keep getting hurt over and over again by remembering Mitch's gaze.

How I wish I were Maya, lucky to be liked by Mitch.