Close To Home

The next morning came by , I woke up not to the sound of chirping birds, but to loud banging on my door. "Oh God, wait up, I'm coming!" I yelled. I ran to unlock the door and found myself being hugged by a giant body. I wasn't startled, as I knew exactly who it was.

"You freaking stink, ewww," she said disgustedly. I slapped her off jokingly, rolled my eyes, and went straight to freshen up.

Claire, my best friend from college and also my business partner came to visit.

"I actually came to help you move in, but I see that you've already settled everything!" she said from the living room.

"I didn't know you were coming to help, so I settled things myself," I replied as I finished freshening up and joined her in the living room.

We had a light breakfast and spent the time gossiping about everything and anything. By the afternoon, we decided to have lunch at a restaurant a few blocks away from my apartment. As we walked down the street, I noticed a familiar girl and a guy who looked uneasy, whispering something under their breath. It seemed strange not just because of their odd behavior, but also because they were the same girl and guy who got beaten up at the mart the day before.

We went to the restaurant and had a very good meal-a fresh and hot hand-tossed pizza, creamy lasagna, and cookies for dessert.

Breaking News

TV Anchor: "Good afternoon. We have breaking news coming in from Brooklyn, where a shocking murder has occurred. Authorities have confirmed that 28-year-old Marcus was found dead near the highway earlier today.
Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding Marchs death. In a surprising twist, initial speculation is circulating that Marcus was seen attacking a man in a nearby surveillance video .Stay tuned."

While enjoying my lunch, I saw the news on the TV about a murder near where I live. I had a feeling that the guy who was beating up the other guy(Marcus) might actually be the victim, while the girl and the guy who got beaten up could be the perpetrators.

"Claire, did you see the news just now? Apparently, I was there when the chaos happened at the mart yesterday. It's chilling when something like this happens so close to where I live," I said, sounding a bit uneasy.

"Oh lord, Mia, these things happen everywhere. Just let it go, don't think too much. You'll be fine," Claire reassured me.

After having lunch, we both parted our ways to our respective home.