Suspecious Act

The same day

I was walking back home after having lunch with my bestie. When the elevator dinged and opened, I stepped into the dull-looking elevator and pressed the button for my floor. Then, the girl and the guy I was suspicious of regarding the murder of Marcus entered.

"What are we going to do now?" the guy whispered, but I heard it because his whispers were loud enough.

"I don't know, Mark," the girl replied to his question.

"If we get caught, I'll blame you, Ellie," he said angrily.

"Did we get caught before? No, right? So why are you so afraid?" she replied, confidence in her voice.

The elevator dinged again, and I got off at my dorm, thinking to myself, So, Mark and Ellie… She doesn't look like the girl I first saw crying her eyes out. These two are definitely sketchy,I thought to   myself .

I was terrified at the thought of these two being in the same apartment as mine. "I want to move out of this apartment," I muttered to myself, but at the same time, I thought, Maybe I am overthinking. I might be misunderstanding things, and I definitely shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I let my evening pass by binge-watching Netflix because I knew I wouldn't get to be this free after today. Tomorrow, I have so many meetings to attend and so many things to get done with Claire. Then I thought of her. Without her, I would be nowhere. I smiled to myself and got into bed, ready for a long night of sleep without the negative thoughts running through my mind