Safe?

Nobody's POV:

Mia sat in the quiet room, her heart still racing. The weight of the situation pressed down on her. Even though Marcus promised her mother was safe. What if something went wrong?

Marcus knocked gently before entering the room. He gave her a small smile, trying to ease the tension. "You doing okay?" he asked softly.

Mia nodded, though her expression showed opposite. "It's hard... I just keep thinking about my mom."

"I understand," Marcus said as he pulled up a chair beside her. "But I need you to trust me. My people are the best at what they do. If anything changes, you'll know right away."

Mia shifted in her seat. "What about Helen? Won't she notice something's wrong if people are watching my mom?"

Marcus shook his head. "They're professionals. They'll stay in the shadows, out of sight. Helen won't suspect a thing."

Mia looked out the window, the night sky dark and endless. "I still don't understand how my mom got involved in all this. She's just a regular person."

"That's how Helen works," Marcus explained. "She finds people who seem ordinary and uses them for her own gain. Your mom probably doesn't even know the full extent of what Helen is doing."

Just then, Marcus's mother entered the room, her expression calm but serious. "Mia, I know it's hard to stay here while your mother is out there, but this is the best way to keep both of you safe."

Mia nodded slowly. "How long do I have to stay?"

"A few days, at most," Marcus's mother replied. "Once we know more about Helen's plans, we can take action. For now, you'll be safer here."

Mia sighed, feeling trapped but knowing she didn't have much choice. "I just want this to be over."

Marcus stood and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "It will be. We'll make sure of it."