Protection?!

My body trembled, cold sweat trailing down my face. The thought of what Helen might do to my mom made my chest tighten.

“We need to protect my mom!” i cried,voice filled with desperation.

Marcus’s biological mother placed a firm but gentle hand on My shoulder. “We will. But right now, you need to stay here. It’s safer for you,” she said, her tone calm but serious.

I shook my head, panic rising in chest. “No! I need to go to her. I have to protect her myself.”

Marcus stepped forward, his voice low. “Mia, listen. We’ve already sent people to watch over her. She’ll be safe, I promise.”

I looked up with worry. “People? Who?”

“My men,” Marcus explained. “They’re trained for this. They’ll make sure nothing happens to your mom. But you need to stay here, where it’s safe. Helen is unpredictable, and if you go back now, you’ll only put both yourself and your mom in more danger.”

I hesitated. The idea of not being with my mom in such a dangerous situation tore me, but i could see the seriousness in Marcus’s eyes. His words made sense, even though they were hard to accept.

“Just stay here for a few days,” Marcus’s mother added softly. “We’ll get more information and make sure your mother stays out of harm’s way. Trust us.”

I swallowed hard, my hands trembling as i nodded. “Okay... I’ll stay,” i whispered, though my heart was still heavy.

Marcus let out a breath of relief. “Good. I’ll keep you updated on everything. But for now, you need to rest.”