Unspoken Feelings

Nobody's POV:

Marcus sat in his study, trying to focus on the reports about Mia's mother. But no matter how hard he tried, his mind kept drifting to Mia. Ever since she started staying at his house, things felt different. He told himself it was because of the danger they were in, but deep down, he wasn't sure that was the whole truth.

Later that evening, Marcus walked past Mia's room. The door was open a little, and he saw her sitting by the window, staring into the night. She looked small, like she was carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. It made him stop for a moment.

Why did he care so much? He had seen people in tough situations before, but Mia... there was something about her that made him pause.

Shaking his head, Marcus headed to the kitchen to make some tea. The house was quiet, too quiet, and for some reason, he found himself wanting to check on her. Not because it was his job but because he wanted to.

With the tray in hand, Marcus went back upstairs and knocked on Mia's door.

"Come in," her soft voice called out.

He stepped inside, and Mia looked up, a bit surprised. "Tea?" she asked, giving him a small smile.

"I thought you might need something warm," Marcus said, trying to sound casual, though he wasn't sure why he was doing this.

"Thank you," Mia said, taking the cup in her hands. She looked up at him, her voice quieter. "You've been really kind to me... I don't know how to thank you."

Marcus felt a strange pull in his chest, something he hadn't expected. He leaned against the wall, crossing his arms. "You don't have to thank me," he replied. "I just want to make sure you're safe."

Mia looked back out the window. "It's strange being here... I've never felt so far away from everything."

Marcus didn't know what to say. He could feel how lonely she was, how hard this was for her. Part of him wanted to sit beside her, to tell her it would be okay, but he stopped himself. He was here to protect her, nothing more.

Still, he found himself watching her more closely-the way she tried to stay strong, the way her eyes showed more than she said. It was starting to get to him, in a way he hadn't expected.

After a quiet moment, Mia looked at him again. "You've done more for me than anyone else ever has," she said softly.

Marcus felt something shift inside him, but he quickly pushed it down. He nodded, trying to keep his voice steady. "I'm just doing what I have to."

Even as he said the words, he knew there was more to it now. He didn't just want to keep her safe-he cared about her, more than he wanted to admit.

"I should let you rest," Marcus said, standing up quickly. He walked to the door, but before he left, he glanced back at her one last time.

And in that brief moment, he knew this was becoming more complicated.