Gunshots

Mia's POV

I was deep asleep after days of restlessness. When I was about to wake up. Suddenly, I heard gunshots and commotion outside my room. My sleep vanished in seconds when I heard the door click. I was terrified, with sweat dripping down my face. I thought it was the end of my life, but I gasped when I saw Marcus with bloody hands and cold eyes, his lips stained red.

He told me to stay here, lock the door, and never open it until he came back. I was worried about him and started to approach him, but he turned and locked the door.

I wanted to know what was happening outside and who those people were that were coming for Marcus. I knew he had a gang, but I didn't understand anything. My head was bursting with questions and worry.

After a few minutes, I heard the door click open, and in walked Marcus with blood on his head, lips, and hands. His eyes were about to close, so I ran to him, and he fainted in my arms.

Before he completely fainted, he whispered, "I... I care about you more than you know..."

What does he mean? Does he really care about me that much? I've always felt a connection with him, but I never thought he felt the same way. I can't let anything happen to him. I have to stay strong, even if my heart is racing with fear. He's been through so much already-facing danger, fighting to protect me.I need to keep him safe and figure out what's going on outside. I just wish he'd wake up and tell me everything will be okay.

I carefully first-aided him and let him rest for a while, knowing he was out of danger and would wake up soon.
I opened the door and stepped outside, only to see Marcus's biological mom cold and lifeless on the floor, blood staining the ground all around her.

I was scared to approach her, and I panicked about what to do next. I wanted to call the cops, but I thought maybe Marcus didn't want to involve them; he might be in danger too.

I sat there, zoned out, thinking about what to do when I heard a groaning sound from Marcus. I didn't waste any time and rushed to him.