Who Is She (PART 2)

I stepped back as Marcus opened the door. His expression was serious, but not angry. Behind him, the woman she had seen earlier appeared, her gaze calm but nervous.

“Mia,” Marcus said, his voice softer , “I need to explain something to you. This is... my biological mother.

I blinked in surprise. Biological mother? I thought that Helen was his real mother.

The woman stepped forward, her eyes on Me. “I know this is confusing,But there’s more you need to know.”she said quietly.

We all sat down in the living room, the tension still present in the air. I looked between Marcus and his mother, unsure of what to expect.

“There’s something about my adoptive mother, Helen, that you don’t know,” Marcus began. “She’s not just any woman… she’s involved in dangerous things.”

“She’s a mafia leader,” Marcus’s biological mother interrupted, her voice cold. “She’s powerful and ruthless. And she’s connected to your mother, Mia.”

I was caught off-guard. “My mom?” i whispered, heart pounding.

“Yes,” Marcus’s mother continued. “Helen has been using your mother for her own plans,and we need to protect you.”

I was trembling, cold sweat running down my face, and my eyes filled with fear at the thought of what Helen might do to my mom.

'We need to protect my mom!' I cried.