Meeting?

Sirens were ringing nonstop around the neighborhood. Loud banging on the door, people running around, chasing and killing each other. Someone broke into my house and held a gun to my head, and thud* I woke up in the middle of the night, sweat dripping all over my face. "Shit! That was a damn nightmare," I sighed, taking a moment to calm myself and drank some water before trying to sleep again.

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm and got ready to go to work.
*Bang, bang.*
'I'm not expecting any visitors today, who could that be?' I thought to myself.
"Is someone there?"a man's voice asked from outside.

I opened the door to see two cops who had come to investigate the crime that happened yesterday.
They asked me a few questions, and I answered everything I knew, including overhearing Ellie and Mark's conversation from the day before.
The cops thanked me for my cooperation and went to the next door to investigate.
Suddenly, my phone rang. It was Claire. "Are you crazy!? The meeting is about to start! Where the hell are you?" she yelled through the phone.
"Oh no, shit! I'll be there in 10 minutes. Please manage until then," I pleaded as I ran to catch the subway.

"After a long day of meetings and getting work done, Claire and I went to grab a coffee to unwind. Just then, I received a message from an unknown number.

'Is this Mia?'

'Yes, who is this?'

'I'm Marcus's mom. Are you busy
tomorrow? Can we meet?'

'I'm not sure. I don't think
I know you.'

'Please, can we meet? I have
something very important to
tell you.'

'okay!'

Location: Grand Park in your
neighborhood.

It felt strange. Who was this? Was it really Marcus's mom? How did she know me? And most importantly, how did she get my number? Thousands of thoughts were running through my head.

Claire noticed me looking distracted, deep in thought. I wanted to tell her, but I couldn't. I decided to deal with it on my own, whatever it was, before it got dragged out any further.