Unspoken Tension

I pouted, feeling a playful annoyance. "I told you to get me the food and a drink and feed me, but you only got me the food and drink. You didn't feed me."

I turned my face away, putting on my best pout. The playful gesture was a small attempt to bring back some normalcy to our interactions. The discomfort of the hospital and the tension between us felt a bit lighter with this moment of levity.

Alexander's eyes softened as he saw my expression. A small smile tugged at his lips, and he shook his head with a chuckle. "Alright, alright. I see how it is. You're quite the demanding patient."

He moved closer with the tray, his attention focused on me. Gently, he took a spoonful of food and held it up. "Say 'ah'."

I couldn't help but laugh softly at his dedication to my whims, feeling a mix of embarrassment and amusement. I opened my mouth and let him feed me, savoring the bite. "There, see? That wasn't so hard, was it?"

He smiled, feeding me another spoonful. "You've definitely made it clear what you want. I'll make sure to remember this next time."

As he continued to feed me, I felt a comforting sense of care from him. It wasn't just about the food; it was about the effort he was making to be there for me in this moment. Despite everything that had happened, this was a step toward mending the distance that had grown between us.

"Thanks, Alexander," I said softly between bites. "For everything. It means a lot."

He nodded, his eyes reflecting a mix of relief and sincerity. "I'm just glad I can be here for you. We'll get through this."

As Alexander fed me, I decided to add a bit of playful spice to the moment. I took each bite off the fork with exaggerated care, chewing slowly and savoring the food as if it were the most exquisite delicacy. I made sure to maintain eye contact, letting my expression convey both enjoyment and mischief.

"Mmm, this is really good," I said softly, letting my voice linger on the last word. "You've really outdone yourself, Alexander."

I could see the slight flush on his cheeks as he watched me. "I'm glad you think so," he replied, trying to keep his composure. "It's just what the hospital provides."

I leaned in a bit, making sure to let my movements be purposeful and teasing. "Well, I'm sure it's not just the food that's making me feel better. Your attention to detail is definitely appreciated."

I let him feed me another bite, giving a playful sigh as I swallowed. "You know, you're really good at this. I might just get used to being pampered like this."

Alexander's gaze seemed to soften, a mix of amusement and something else in his eyes. He didn't say anything, just continued feeding me while trying to hide his smile.

I made a show of thoroughly enjoying each bite, occasionally letting out a soft, satisfied moan. "I think you might be spoiling me, Alexander," I teased, my tone both seductive and playful. "But don't worry, I won't tell anyone how great you are at this."

As I finished the last bite, I gave him a lingering smile, a mix of gratitude and flirtation. "Thanks for taking such good care of me. It's definitely made this whole situation a lot better."

He looked at me with a chuckle, shaking his head. "You certainly know how to keep things interesting, Nova."

With that, he set the tray aside and settled back into his chair, the mood lightened by our playful exchange. Despite the circumstances, the interaction was a reminder of the connection we had and the possibility of moving past our previous conflicts.

Alexander's pov

As I fed Nova, I found myself increasingly focused on her reactions. The way she took each bite, savoring the food with such deliberate, teasing movements, was having an unexpected effect on me. Her flirtatious comments and playful demeanor created a palpable tension in the room, one that was difficult to ignore.

I tried to keep my attention on the task at hand, ensuring that I didn't let my thoughts wander too far. However, her seductive approach made it challenging to maintain my composure. Each moan of satisfaction, every lingering glance, seemed to amplify the growing awareness of her presence and the subtle undercurrent of attraction that had resurfaced between us.

I noticed my own physical reaction-a clear sign of the arousal I was trying to suppress. It was a struggle to keep my focus on her, to ensure that my gestures remained steady and unaffected. The tension was unmistakable, and I could feel it building with every flirtatious remark she made.

When the feeding was done and the tray set aside, I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. Nova's playful smile and the way she had responded to my attention made it clear that she was well aware of the impact she had. I needed to regain my composure and address the situation with the professionalism that had once defined our interactions.

"Thanks for letting me take care of you," I said, my voice carefully neutral as I took a seat back in my chair. "I hope it helped."

Nova's smile widened, a knowing glint in her eyes. "It definitely did. I appreciate it, Alexander."

The moment was charged with unspoken feelings, and as I looked at her, I realized that there was a lot more to navigate between us. It wasn't just about the food or the care-it was about the complicated mix of emotions and unresolved tension that had re-emerged.

I had a lot to figure out, both about my own reactions and how to address the dynamics between us moving forward. For now, though, I was content to focus on the fact that Nova was recovering and that we had a chance to mend what had been broken.