Insane

Alexander's pov

That was it. I snapped.

I closed the distance between us, crashing my mouth against hers in a kiss that was anything but gentle. It was wild, urgent, fueled by weeks - no years--of unspoken tension and pent-up desire.

She kissed me back just as fiercely, her hands gripping my shirt, pulling me closer as if she couldn't get enough.

I groaned against her lips, my hand sliding down to her lower back, pulling her flush against me. Every inch of her was soft and warm, and it was driving me mad.

Her fingers were in my hair, tugging, and it only made me want her more. This was it. The line we swore we wouldn't cross, the boundary we danced around for years-it was gone now, obliterated by the heat between us.

I broke the kiss just long enough to catch my breath, resting my forehead against hers. "You're going to be the death of me, Nova," I murmured, my voice rough. She smiled, breathless, her eyes half-lidded with desire. "Maybe that's the plan."

I chuckled, but it was dark, full of all the things I wanted to do to her. "You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

"Why don't you show me, then?" she whispered, her lips grazing mine again too.

God, I wanted to show her everything. But there was still that small voice in the back of my mind reminding me that she was still recovering. She needed time, not this.

I kissed her again, softer this time, trying to slow myself down. "Not tonight," I murmured against her lips. "You're still healing." She pulled back slightly, her brow furrowing in frustration. "I'm fine,"

"No, you're not," I interrupted, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "And if we start this now, I won't be able to stop. Trust me, Nova, you need to rest." She sighed, her lips pressed into a pout, but I could see the tiredness in her eyes.

As much as she hated to admit it, she wasn't fully recovered yet. And this... whatever we were doing... it needed to happen when she was strong enough for it.

Reluctantly, she nodded, leaning her head against my chest. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close, just holding her. The hunger was still there, simmering beneath the surface, but I pushed it aside. For now.

"You're right," she muttered, her voice barely audible against my shirt. I kissed the top of her head, smiling to myself. "I know l am." As she settled against me, her breathing slowing, I couldn't help but feel like this was only the beginning.

We had crossed the line, and there was no going back now. The only question was... how long could I keep my hands off her before she drove me completely insane?

Nova's pov

I woke up with a start, the sunlight filtering through the blinds casting a soft glow across my room. For a second, I forgot where I was, but then the events from the previous night rushed back to me. The kiss. His touch. The way my body reacted to him as if we had been building toward that moment for years.

Sitting up in bed, I ran a hand through my hair, trying to shake off the lingering thoughts of Alexander. He was dangerous for me. I knew it, but I couldn't stop myself from wanting him. Last night, I had practically thrown myself at him. And for what? To see how far I could push him before he finally gave in?

But he didn't. He pulled back. He *stopped*. And, in some twisted way, that made me want him even more.

I slipped out of bed, pulling on an oversized shirt, and padded barefoot to the living room. The apartment was quiet, except for the occasional clicking sound of Alexander typing on his laptop. I peeked around the corner, watching him work. His hair was tousled, and he still wore the same clothes from the office, his sleeves rolled up, exposing his strong forearms. The same ones that held me tight last night.