Fractures

Nova's pov

The aftermath of Alexander's wrath left a tense silence in the office. I spent most of the day in the back room, tending to my bruises and trying to calm my racing heart. The employees who had dared to lay hands on me were no longer a concern, but the consequences of their actions left a bitter taste in my mouth. Alexander had taken swift action, but the damage had already been done.

As evening approached, the office began to clear out. I sat alone in the dimly lit break room, nursing a cup of herbal tea and reflecting on everything that had transpired. Alexander's fierce protection and his disregard for the repercussions had both reassured and unsettled me. I appreciated his dedication, but I couldn't help feeling that the situation was spiraling out of control.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the office door opening. I looked up, expecting to see Alexander, but instead, Rebecca walked in, her face marked with concern. She sat down across from me, her posture tense.

"Nova, I need to talk to you," she said quietly. "There's something you should know. It's about the people who were fired."

My heart sank. "What about them?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady.

Rebecca glanced around, ensuring no one else was around. "I've been hearing rumors-whispers, really-that they're planning something. They're not just going to let this go. They're trying to get back at Alexander, and it's more serious than I thought."

I felt a chill run down my spine. "What do you mean 'more serious'? What exactly are they planning?"

Rebecca took a deep breath, her eyes scanning the room as if expecting someone to burst in at any moment. "I don't have all the details, but they've been making moves. They might be targeting something Alexander cares about, something personal. I'm not sure what, but it's definitely not good."

I stood up abruptly, my heart racing. "We need to tell Alexander. He needs to know what's coming."

Rebecca's eyes flashed with worry. "That's not all. I overheard them talking about a possible leak, something that could jeopardize not just his career but his entire business empire. They have connections, and they're not afraid to use them."

My mind raced with the implications. If they had the means to strike back at Alexander, the damage could be catastrophic. I knew I had to act fast, but what could I do to prevent it?

Just as I was about to leave the break room to find Alexander, my phone buzzed. I glanced at the screen and froze. An anonymous message had popped up: "You think you've seen the worst of it? You haven't. We're just getting started. Stay tuned."

My pulse quickened, and I stared at the message, a sinking feeling settling in my stomach. Whatever was coming next, it was going to be bigger and more dangerous than I could have imagined.

The office was now eerily quiet, and the weight of the threat loomed over me. I had to find a way to protect Alexander and our family before it was too late.