Chapter 14: I Just Wanna Be Close Enough to Feel You

Charlie's POV

After school, I head straight home, just like my mom wanted me to. I do everything I can to please her, but somehow, in the end, I always end up disappointing her in some way.

I come home to an empty house, which is strange, but Tori had a thing after school that she couldn't get out of, and both of my parents are at work. I know I could call Nick and ask him to come over, but after fighting with my mom again this morning, I don't want to annoy her more than she already is.

Our fight this morning was because I didn't want to go to school again. She got angry with me and wouldn't leave my room until I got up. I, of course, told her to get out as I was changing, and she did, slamming my door.

She got angry again when I refused to eat breakfast, but by that point, Tori was there and we left together, taking the bus to school.

I go upstairs and change out of my school uniform and into one of Nick's jumpers and some baggy joggers. I've been wearing a lot of looser clothing, mostly because every time I catch a glimpse of my body in the mirror, I want to throw up, but also because I don't need anyone asking me any questions about it.

Sometimes, I get scared when Nick and I are cuddling or he hugs me because I know how skinny I am. I get a little scared of him judging me for what I've done to myself.

After today though, my thoughts on that have changed.

I know he'd never do something like that, at least I hope he won't.

I go over to my school bag and take out all the work that I've missed the last week. I start doing it, getting my mind off the thoughts in my head. As I'm working, I hold the sleeve of Nick's jumper up to my nose, inhaling his scent.

I wish he was here right now.

I didn't realize how much I missed him until he was over last night. Now, I just wanna be with him all the time again. When I'm with him, the voices in my head get a little less loud, but I also just enjoy spending time with him.

I glance over at my phone. I want to text him, I want to have him over, but I know that my mom's still pissed with me and pissed at him too.

Eventually, I just go back to doing my work. I really don't want to give her another reason to be mad.

After I've finished most of my work, I grab my phone and lay in bed. I go to mine and Nick's messages and finally decide to text him. At this point, just talking to him is better than anything.

Charlie: i miss you 😞

Nick: I miss you too

Nick: I wish you were here or I was there

Nick: Either way I wish I was with you ❤️

Charlie: i wish i was with you too

Charlie: my mom's still angry with me

Nick: Have you talked to her?

Charlie: she won't be home for a little bit

Charlie: honestly it's been nice having the house to myself

Nick: See now I REALLY wish I was there 😏

Charlie: omg so cringe

Nick: Oh but you looooove it

Charlie: ok

Charlie: maybe i do

I smile at my phone. He makes me feel so special without even trying. He doesn't really have to say anything or do anything and I'll still feel loved by him. I really don't know how I went four whole days without speaking to him.