In the Name of Friendship

the next day

author's pov

The tension in the air was palpable as BTS gathered in a secluded corner of the school courtyard. Jimin had called for an urgent meeting, his expression stern and unyielding. The rest of the members exchanged concerned glances, unsure of what to expect.

Jimin took a deep breath, his eyes darting around to ensure they were alone. "I need you all to stay away from Aera," he said bluntly, his voice firm.

Jin raised an eyebrow, surprised by the sudden intensity. "What are you talking about, Jimin? Why?"

"She's not who she says she is," Jimin replied, his gaze narrowing. "I discovered she's been working against us... against me, specifically. She's involved with my uncle's enemies, pretending to be someone she's not."

The other members were taken aback. Suga, usually the calm and collected one, spoke up next. "And you're sure about this? That she's deceiving us?"

Jimin nodded, his face etched with a mix of hurt and determination. "I heard it with my own ears. She admitted to it. I trusted her, and she betrayed me."

Taehyung, however, wasn't convinced. "But what if there's more to it, Jimin? Maybe there's another side to this story."

Jimin's expression hardened. "There's nothing else to it. Just do as I say and keep your distance from her. It's for your own good."

Reluctantly, the members nodded, agreeing for the time being. They decided to play along with Jimin's request for now, but each of them had their doubts.

The next day at school, the atmosphere was tense. As instructed by Jimin, the BTS members acted cold toward Aera, avoiding eye contact and keeping their interactions to a minimum. Aera could feel the shift immediately. Her chest tightened with anxiety, and her usual composure wavered. She noticed the subtle glances Jimin threw her way, ensuring his friends were abiding by his warning.

After a while, Jimin left the classroom for a moment, and that was the cue the members had been waiting for. As soon as he was out of sight, they quickly made their way over to Aera.

Jin was the first to speak, his voice hushed yet urgent. "Aera, we need to know what's going on. Jimin told us to stay away from you, but something doesn't add up."

Aera's eyes darted around nervously, her heart pounding. "It's... it's not what it looks like," she said softly, her voice barely a whisper.

Jungkook leaned closer, his tone firm but filled with concern. "We need to hear your side of the story, Aera. Can you meet us after school at the XXX Café? We have to clear this up."

Aera hesitated for a moment, her mind swirling with thoughts. She knew she couldn't keep them in the dark forever. "Alright," she finally agreed, her voice steady but tired. "I'll be there."

The group nodded, quickly dispersing just as Jimin returned to the room. He looked around suspiciously but said nothing. Aera's heart sank; the brief moment of unity with the BTS members had already faded, replaced by the heavy reality of her situation. She felt her smile slip away again, buried under the weight of the secrets she carried.

later that evening