The Revelation

author's pov 

[ suggested to listen before reading ; can be played in background too ]

he day before the submission of the art project, Sana was at Jimin's house, diligently finalizing their work. The atmosphere was relaxed, with their conversations ranging from the project itself to lighthearted topics. As they wrapped up, Jimin decided to keep the completed project at his place and submit it the next day. Sana said her goodbyes and left, unaware that she had left her phone behind.

Jimin, noticing the missing phone, quickly set out to catch her. He dashed out of the house, hoping to return it to her before she got too far. As he caught sight of her cab pulling away, he jumped into his car and followed at a safe distance. His concern grew as he trailed behind her, driven by the thought of returning her phone.

The cab came to a halt in front of a grand, imposing mansion that had an air of danger about it. Jimin parked his car a little way down the street, his curiosity piqued. He watched as Sana stepped out of the cab, only to be greeted by a tall, menacing figure standing outside the mansion. The figure's presence was commanding, and the conversation that followed was laden with unspoken tension.

As Sana approached the figure, he addressed her with a hint of authority. "Aera," he said, "we've just uncovered some new information about Jimin's uncle. You need to be prepared to drop the act soon."

Sana's face betrayed a flicker of guilt, but she managed to maintain her composure. "Okay, good job. I'll plan the next steps," she replied, before turning to enter the mansion.

Jimin, hiding behind a nearby wall, watched in stunned silence. His heart sank as he saw Sana's interaction with the mysterious figure. The words he could not hear and the intensity of the situation were enough to convey a painful reality. The person he had come to care for deeply was entangled in something far more complex and dark than he had ever imagined.

The realization hit Jimin like a wave, leaving him feeling betrayed and heartbroken. He had envisioned a future with Sana, possibly even proposing to her soon. Now, everything seemed to be unraveling before his eyes. His mind whirled with a mix of confusion and pain as he turned away from the scene, tears stinging his eyes. The woman he thought he knew and loved was part of a world he didn't understand, and the weight of that truth was almost unbearable.

Jimin's heart felt heavy as he quietly made his way back to his car, his mind clouded with a whirlwind of emotions. The realization that Sana—no, Aera—was involved in something potentially dangerous and deceitful left him in a state of shock. He gripped the steering wheel, trying to steady his trembling hands. All the moments they had shared, every conversation and every smile, played back in his mind like a broken record.

His thoughts kept circling back to one question: Why?

Why had she deceived him? What was this secret about his uncle? He couldn't wrap his head around it. He had trusted her, let her in closer than anyone else. And now, it felt like the rug had been pulled out from under him.

After what felt like an eternity, Jimin finally started the car and began driving back home. The streets blurred as his vision clouded with tears he didn't bother to wipe away. His chest ached with a mix of heartbreak and confusion. He was usually so perceptive—how had he missed this? And how could someone as warm and kind as Sana have such a dark side?

Back at home, Jimin parked his car in the driveway and sat there for a moment, staring blankly ahead. The phone he had chased after to return now lay on the passenger seat, like a cruel reminder of the betrayal. He picked it up, the screen lighting up with a picture of Sana smiling—a smile that now felt hollow.