Dreams & memories

Jimin returned home that evening, feeling strangely unsettled. The scar on V's cheek and the archery practice had left him with an eerie sense of déjà vu. As he sat in his room, staring blankly at the wall, memories he couldn't quite place seemed to tease the edges of his mind.

"Why does this all feel so familiar?" he muttered to himself. It was as if a locked door in his mind had creaked open just a bit, revealing fragments of something long buried. The more he tried to piece it together, the more elusive it became. Finally, feeling mentally drained, he decided to call it a night.

Jimin slipped into bed and quickly fell into a deep sleep. But instead of the usual dreamless sleep he was used to, he found himself in a vivid dream. It began with him as a young boy, playing in a sunny field. A little girl was beside him, her face a blur, yet there was an undeniable warmth and comfort in her presence.

"Come on, Mochi! Let me show you how to do it!" the girl exclaimed enthusiastically. She was holding a tiny, toy bow, trying to teach him the basics of archery.

Jimin's dream-self felt an overwhelming sense of joy and excitement. He mimicked the girl's movements, and in the process, an arrow nicked his cheek. He remembered how the girl gasped and quickly came to his side, her hands fluttering in concern.

"Mochi, are you okay? I'm so sorry!" she cried, her voice filled with genuine worry.

He reassured her, waving it off with a brave smile despite the stinging pain. "It's just a scratch, see? I'm fine!"

The scene changed abruptly. Now they were both sitting in a cozy living room, watching cartoons. The atmosphere was carefree, the room filled with laughter, until the news on the TV interrupted them. A breaking news report flashed across the screen, announcing a fire in a building. Jimin's heart sank as the realization hit him—the building where his parents worked was engulfed in flames.

"No... no, no, no!" Dream-Jimin screamed, tears streaming down his face as he grasped the remote. The girl next to him looked terrified, her small hands clutching his in a feeble attempt to comfort him. Despite her own trembling, she tried to be his pillar, holding back her own tears to be strong for him.

"They... they're gone," he sobbed. The weight of loss crushed his little heart, and he cried harder than he ever had in his life. The girl hugged him tightly, whispering soft, soothing words, her own voice breaking.

But as the dream went on, Jimin found himself desperately trying to focus on her face. He strained to see through the haze that obscured her features, but it was no use. Her face remained a blur, a maddeningly unrecognizable shadow in the corner of his mind.

Jimin jolted awake, his heart pounding. He sat up in bed, his breath shallow and uneven. The dream lingered, vivid and haunting. It wasn't just a dream—it was a memory. A memory that had been locked away, buried deep within his subconscious.

From that night on, the same dream visited him every time he closed his eyes. The vivid scenes, the emotional turmoil, and the blurred face of the girl haunted his sleep, leaving him more confused and restless with each passing day. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was missing something crucial, something that connected his past to his present. And the more he dreamt of it, the more he felt a strange, almost desperate pull to remember.