1. By the Riverside

"They expected me to find somewhere, some perspective, but I sat and stared right where you left me. You left me no, oh, you left me no. You left me no choice but to stay here forever."

Right Where You Left Me - Taylor Swift

Bellamy's POV

.・。☽.・゜✭・.・

Finn and I tore through the underbrush, our breaths ragged, hearts pounding in unison with the unrelenting urgency that fueled our flight. The forest stretched endlessly before us, a shadowy labyrinth of twisted branches and gnarled roots as if nature itself was mocking our desperation.

The distant roar of the drop ship's launch faded into an eerie, suffocating silence, the crackling flames and dying screams of the Grounders swallowed by the oppressive flames. All that remained was the sound of our frantic footsteps and laboured breathing, a discordant rhythm that matched the thudding in my chest.

The forest felt alive, conspiring against us, its shadows creeping out like the grasping fingers of a predator ready to ensnare us at any moment. Finn and I had barely managed to get the last of the survivors into the drop ship before we were forced to flee, running for our lives as the firestorm consumed the world behind us.

As we raced through the trees, Lucinda's voice echoed in my mind, hauntingly clear, a plea that cut through the chaos: Find me. Please, don't leave me. Her words pierced through the fog of exhaustion and fear, driving deeper with every step I took away from her. The weight of her voice was unbearable, a pressure that made each breath feel like a battle in itself, her desperation squeezing the air from my lungs. 

My hands were clammy with sweat, gripping the makeshift bandage, now stained with her blood. The bandage was no longer just a piece of cloth; it was a symbol of my failure, a constant reminder of my inability to protect her. I could still feel the weight of her vulnerability, the sharp, painful realization of how helpless she was in the face of our enemies.

Every rustle of leaves and snap of twigs around us seemed to amplify the oppressive sense of urgency, each sound was a jarring reminder of how far we were from safety. The forest was alive with its brand of cruelty, its silence a mocking echo of our desperation.

"Stay sharp," I barked, my voice strained and raw, cutting through the heavy silence like a blade. The woods around us seemed to close in, their very essence taunting us with their remoteness. Each step felt like a betrayal, a reminder of how far we were from finding her. "She could be anywhere."

Finn moved with a purposeful intensity, his eyes scanning the forest floor with an almost preternatural focus. He was the epitome of calm under pressure, his every movement deliberate and controlled.