Chapter 25: benched

A few days later and jessica was feeling better now she was going to work again, though she was still anxious a lot of the time, she was trying her best to deal with it. They had just reviewed a case and were all getting ready to head to the get."Agent green" hotch called from behind her, Jess noticed a hint of hesitation in his voice but brushed it off.

"Yes?... hotch is everything okay?" Hotch glanced at her go bag resting her shoulder then back up to her face.

"No actually." He paused clearly not wanting to inform her "you can't come with us on this case"

She began to laugh thinking he was joking or something but quickly realised he wasn't and stopped "what!? Are you serious!"

"You should know This was not my decision"

"Why can't I?"

"The bureau doesn't believe that you are capable of working in the field given your current personal situation" he was trying to be firm while at the same time he understood why she was getting so annoyed.

"Hotch respectfully that's bullsh-"

"Language agent green. Look we haven't had time to do a review with you since you came back and I assure you that is the first thing I'll do after this case is over."

"Hotch please don't do this! I'm fine I am okay! I came back to work because I was ready!"

"I know but being at your desk is very different from being in the field and if anything were to happen.."

"You mean if I was to go nuts"

"No I don't." Hotch paused to try see if she'd calm down a little "they just think that if you go in the field you may endanger yourself or the team"

"But I'm not! Hotch please just let me come with you. I can separate my own shit from the case"

"No green. Look your reaction here just proves their point." He looked at her sternly.

"No it doesn't I'm allowed to be pissed when you're not letting me do my job! Hotch please I'm not going to just spiral and burn while we are out there"

"It is just for this case it is not forever"

"I don't care! You wanted me to come back to work, here I am now you're telling me to go home?"

"No I'm saying work the case from quantico" they both just stood staring at each other clearly very angry.

"Hey what's going on?" Spencer asked walking over sensing tension.

"Hotch just benched me" Jess spat.

"What?" Spencer and hotch exchanged a Quick glance.

"It's wasn't my decision, this was out of my hands"

"Yeah sure it was. Did you even try to defend me?" Hotch stayed silent avoiding her gaze.

"You know what fuck you hotch" she brushed past him as she walked away.

"Agent green!" He called after her expecting her to stop but instead she flipped him off without even bothering to turn around.

A few hours later jessica avoided the entire team before they left for the jet, she was just so angry at hotch for doing this to her. She was bored out of her mind in Penelope's room. As much as she loved pen she longed to be out on the case with the others. She was sat on a chair in Penelope's office spinning it around in circles trying to pass the time. "Hey Pretty eyes? What are you doing" she quickly stopped spinning and and popped her head up, looking at the screen infront of Penelope, the team looked to be set up in the police station and all looking at her.