Chapter 192

Mina's P.O.V.
"So? How was it?"

He gave me my old set of earplugs. "You're right. It's not as bad as I thought, but adding different noises or having people not speaking directly towards you and it becomes bothersome."

Told ya. "Can you let it go now?"
Not that it was making me uncomfortable, but it kind of was. I knew he wasn't mocking me, but I've been realizing how much it does affect me. Dancing more regularly has made it obvious to me, attending events and hosting parties or dinners too. I'd tilt my head, make them repeat, blame the noise. I didn't want to be the problem.
I.. didn't want to be the problem.

He scanned my face, eyes shifting from feature to feature.
"I offended you, didn't I?"

"No.. It comes from a good place. You're trying to put yourself in my shoes, I'm grateful."
I sat down.
"But you don't have to. Don't change things for me. Please don't. It makes me feel.."

"Different?" He joined me on the sofa.
"My goal is the opposite. I'm sorry."

I stopped him, far from accusatory. "I know. Maybe I should get that hearing aid, huh? Like that, I'd be normal. The time I spent with Lea and her work mates last night was an unexpected joy."
The perplexing thought was needing the technology Parastar has and not just trying it because I'm curious. Normal sounded nice and weird..

Why did he look at me like I strangled puppies?
"I'm making you feel like you need one?"

"That's not what I said-"

"You're thinking about it. " I wasn't. I really wasn't.. I'm thinking out loud. It's my train of thought. Why was he getting upset?

I tried to soften my voice, sound reassuring. Who knew he could get this worked up. "If I need it, I'll get it. My tricks are working for now. You confirmed what I said. It's not too bad."

"I get that.." Joon brushed a finger over his mouth.
"It's nothing against you, but I'm gonna spend the day at my studio, okay?"

"I'm not taking it personally."
I understood. Experiencing some cognitive dissonance wasn't new. It's what made us question our beliefs and made us grow.
"Text me if you need anything. I'll spend the afternoon with Le Sserafim."
We're practicing once a week until we have the layout for the award shows.

He and I exchanged a kiss as we always did before we parted for work.
"Say hi to everyone for me."

"Wouldn't have done otherwise."

Namjoon's P.O.V.
I could've stayed home to look it up, but I realized that I might've been ableist and seeing her make excuses for my thoughts felt worse.
I didn't know that some people saw aids or cochlear implants as crutches. I saw them as a way to restore hearing, to enjoy what you can't.
Again, having them highlighted the difference. It didn't sound as it used to.
It didn't bring normality. I compared it to glasses on our way back from the event. It's not.

"She told me about it as a fact, not for me to adapt myself or to correct it for her. I need to get my thoughts straight, even if they're not aligned with hers."

I'll use that fire I put under my own ass to hyper focus on my album.
"I write fast when I'm angry at others. Let's see how fast when I'm mad at myself."

Mina's P.O.V.
After my practice with Le Sserafim, I made my way down the stairs when I saw a fluffy blond head of hair heading to the first floor. "Jimin-ssi!"
He looked up, smiled and waved. "Wait for me, please!"
I went down the flight of stairs so quickly it must've been a record. "Thank you.. for waiting."

He seemed amused watching me catch my breath.
"Of course, what's the sweet quirky artist doing up here today?"

I might be tattooed in black on 30% of my body, but I guess that my bubblegum pink personality was the obvious part that shone through.
Similar to him, even if he had dark clothes and had this somber expression during a rehearsal, as soon as he smiled, his bright personality showed right away.. Like now. I appreciated that about him, a lot.
"Just finished practicing with the girls, but I wanted to ask you something, oppa. If you don't mind?"

His smile grew.
"You call me oppa when you want something.. What is it? Eating out? Going to a noraebang? We haven't done that in a while. It's always at Kookie's."

"No, but.. It's also hanging out.." Don't shy up now! You've known each other for a while. You hang out with him and Jungkook pretty often. That's more than that though. "Forget it. You're busy doing a solo comeback right now. It's bad timing on my part."

He gently waved his hands, eyebrows raised.
"Mina, how can I know if it's true if you don't tell me?"
Jimin stepped closer.
"I like hanging out with you, dongsaeng! I'm sure whatever you want to do, I'm likely going to agree to. Try again!"
He pointed at the door.
"Or is this gonna take longer than a chat, so it gives me the opportunity to walk you home?"

What? "You want to walk home with me?"

He shrugged, chuckling.
"RM hyung steals you away as soon as we're done working together."

"Then I think I'm gonna take more than a minute."

He opened the door. "After you!"
.
.
.
"That was the big question?"

I stumbled on my words.
"Well.. well yeah! I mean.. You're practically always here, so I didn't think you'd want to be here longer. It's taking time away that you could have with your boyfriend."

Something was off.
"It's not. He's away on a trip with some friends."
He scratched his nape and tilted his head for a second.
"We've been kind of bitchy lately, so this is great timing, really."
Him? Bitchy? He sighed in a grin. "Can't believe it, can you?"

On second thought.. "Actually, I can."
I never saw him mad and I never wanted to.
"You're fine with teaching me more technique? The movements I do in modern dance are just some I saw and copy or go with how I feel. My bases date back to middle school."

A laugh escaped his lips.
"That's a long time ago! I'm sure you'll learn fast. You're always the one helping others with the choreography. Besides, you're not graded. It's for fun!"

That was true!
"I'm sure we'll have a good time or else I wouldn't have asked you in the first place."
I took my keys out as we neared the condo tower's door.
"Coming in? Joon's not gonna be in for another two hours."
Knowing him.. Especially with his conscience when I left..
"Maybe 5, if he's zoned in on his mixing."

He hesitated.
"Are you doing this because I told you about my love problems? You don't have to. It's been like this for months."
Even more of a reason! Need I remind him of a drunken night where he sobbed on Namjoon and I after him and Jungkook showed up in the middle of the night because the maknae didn't know what to do with him anymore.

"Oppa. I'll tell you what I told an old friend when she was trying to escape her toxic family.. My door is always open to friends who need it."
I motioned at the building.
"The apartment isn't technically mine, but I'm sure Joonie won't kick his family out of his place."
I placed my hand on his shoulder. "I'm here if you need to."

He looked down, nodded, then gave me a small smile.
"I'll take you up on the chat, then." He seemed slightly happier making his way in.
"Did you make cookies?"

"The same I did for Tae oppa's birthday last year."

"Ouh! The chewy chai ones? They were so tasty! I missed them."

I got an idea.
"How about I show you how they're made? You can take them home."
I was here now, but I might not always be.

"Really? Thanks!"
My pleasure Jiminie.