THIRTY FIVE

Jimin's mind was reeling

"You. . . did what?!" he screeched, his voice echoing through the room. Everyone's face went pale, their eyes wide with shock and horror. Jaesoo, however, remained calm, his arms crossed as he stared at Taehyung with a contemplative expression. Taehyung stepped closer to Jimin, his eyes filled with a strange intensity. "Fire," he breathed out, his voice low and husky. He slowly lifted his hand, grazing Jimin's cheek with his fingertips in a gesture that was both tender and menacing. "I set the building on fire."

Jimin's heart pounded in his chest, panic rising as he looked into Taehyung's eyes, which glimmered with a dark, dangerous determination. "You. . . set the building on fire?!" Jimin's voice cracked, unable to grasp what Taehyung had just confessed. His mind raced, thoughts swirling in confusion and fear. "Do you even understand what you've done? How reckless⏤"

Before he could finish, Taehyung stepped even closer, his hand still resting on Jimin's cheek. His touch was too soft, too gentle for someone who had just uttered such cold words. The contrast sent shivers down Jimin's spine.

"Reckless?" Taehyung repeated, his voice low and calm, but the edge of danger was unmistakable. He leaned in, his lips so close to Jimin's ear that his breath ghosted over his skin. "You think this was reckless?" Jimin's breath hitched. The intensity in Taehyung's voice, the way his eyes burned with something unspoken⏤it was as if the man standing before him wasn't the Taehyung he knew.

"They tortured us, Jimin. You. Me. Jaesoo." Taehyung's voice was steady, too steady, like the calm before a storm. He pulled back slightly, his dark eyes locking with Jimin's, his gaze unwavering. "Do you remember? When we were fifteen? The scars, the pain, the way we screamed in that cold room?" Jimin's chest tightened at the memory, the flashes of horror they had endured together, the nights spent trembling in fear. His fingers twitched, the old scars beneath his shirt suddenly feeling heavy, suffocating.

"They didn't just hurt us, Jimin. They destroyed us," Taehyung continued, his voice lowering further, more intimate, almost as if he was whispering a confession. "And who was behind it all?" His eyes flickered with a dangerous glint. "My father. The man who created Project Chimera. The man who ruined your life, Jaesoo's life⏤our lives."

Jimin swallowed hard, the weight of Taehyung's words pressing down on him like a vice. The anger, the betrayal⏤it was all there, etched into every syllable. Taehyung took another step closer, their bodies almost touching now. His thumb brushed over Jimin's cheek, still tender, but there was something darker in the way he touched him now, like he was teetering on the edge of something uncontrollable.

"I don't regret it," Taehyung said softly, but the softness only made his words more chilling. "I don't regret burning that building to the ground. Not for a second." He leaned in closer, his lips barely brushing Jimin's ear, sending a pulse of heat through Jimin's body. "They hurt you. They hurt my brother. They hurt my mother. And they will pay for it."