Chapter 13: New Faces

Days pass as you go through the same routine while waiting for any news between Eren and Hange. The two of them have been through countless hours of research and experiments. Eventually, the moment arrived when Eren would attempt his transformation once more. He stood at the edge of the clearing, fists clenched at his sides, staring at the ground as if trying to summon the strength from deep within. His breathing was heavy, his body tense, and beads of sweat trickled down his forehead. The pressure was on, the eyes of his comrades and Hange on him, waiting for him to prove he could shift on command again.

Eren's gaze darted toward you, seeking something—anything—to help him push past the mental block that had held him back for so long. He needed an objective... and you were it. You were the only one that believed in him from the moment he joined the squad, and now... He needs to prove that he can do it. Not only to his comrades, but to himself as well. His eyes, wild with doubt, met yours. You gave him a soft, reassuring look, your expression calm and steady despite the storm swirling within him.

"You've got this." you mouth the words.

He nodded, feeling a surge of resolve from your words. With a sharp inhale, he clenched his fist tighter, bringing it to his mouth. His eyes stayed locked on yours for a moment longer, drawing strength from your unwavering confidence, and then—

He bit down on his hand, hard.

The familiar sting of pain flashed across his face, and in an instant, the air around him crackled with energy as a bolt of golden lightning shoots to the sky. His transformation exploded into motion, the ground shaking beneath you as steam billowed out, engulfing his form as the Attack Titan began to take shape.

Your eyes widened as you tried to watch but the dust blowing from him forced you to shield your eyes. Being the first time you've ever seen his form, the raw power of his transformation was something you couldn't believe.

Eren stood before your squad, initially not moving which made you all feel uneasy. You couldn't tell if he was in control of his form until he looked down at you with telling eyes. Levi watched him carefully as Hange was trying her hardest to contain her excitement. 

"Show me what you can do!!" Hange shrieks. 

He gives her a nod and begins to move, tearing through the clearing, ripping trees from their roots and sending them crashing to the ground. A powerful force—raw and untamed. Eren had finally done it. After countless trials with Hange, failure after failure, he finally learned to shift on command. His control, though still rough around the edges, had improved drastically.

The Levi Squad watched Eren from a distance, excitement buzzing in the air. Hange had a massive grin, rambling about possibilities for future experiments as she took notes, while the others whispered among themselves, impressed by Eren's progress. Even Levi, though stoic as always, gave a small nod of approval.

As Eren finished his training for the day and reverted to his human form, everyone gathered their things to head back to base. The atmosphere was light-hearted, a stark contrast to the grim and dangerous world they usually inhabited.

Back at base, the squad decided to celebrate Eren's success. They crowded around a wooden table in the dimly lit room, the scent of food and drinks filling the air. Hange was in high spirits, her laughter echoing through the space as she teased Eren about his awkward first shifts. Eren blushed, sheepishly accepting the ribbing. You laugh at her comments as you pick up a glass, joining the others in a toast.

"To Eren's hard work and dedication!" Hange exclaimed, raising her drink.

"To Eren!" the others echoed.

Levi sipped his tea in silence, eyes scanning the room. As the celebration continued, you found yourself laughing along with the others, telling jokes, playing games, and overall enjoying the moment with your comrades, failing to notice a set of silver eyes locked on to you. He's never seen you like this before... so happy. 'It's nice' He thought.