16. hearts at ease

Jimin had fallen asleep in Yoongi's arms after crying his heart out. With each of Jimin's cries Yoongi felt his heart breaking into a million pieces. He let Jimin cry as long as he wanted, knowing Jimin has been holding this pain inside of him for so long.

Jimin never had a shoulder to lean on before, so when Yoongi became that shoulder, Jimin became the little boy from the night who saw his mother dying before his eyes. Jimin's father didn't talk about that night to him, all the servants in the house were told not to talk about Jimin's mother. He had no one to talk to about his own mother.

He felt so much relief in confiding to Yoongi that his head became empty, all those bad thoughts went away that were eating him alive for the past years. His inner conscience stopped eating him away and he felt peaceful for the first time in his life.

He didn't realize he had fallen asleep until he woke up the next morning.

" Good morning."
The first thing he saw when he opened his eyes was Yoongi smiling at him. Today Yoongi's smile is different, it feels more relaxed and calm. It's not only Jimin who has lifted the burden off his shoulder, Yoongi has also opened up about his family for the first time. So, both of them feel a little closer to each other than yesterday.

Yoongi has been in the room for about an hour now waiting for Jimin to wake up. But he didn't dare to disturb that peaceful sleep of his.

" How are you feeling ?"
Yoongi asked worriedly, he has found a nearby clinic in case Jimin didn't get better today too.
" Fine."
Jimin replies as he sits up, his head feels a lot less heavy.

" You'll feel better after eating something."
Yoongi says, knowing Jimin hasn't had a proper meal in a day and half.

" You can freshen up till I cook something hot for you."
Yoongi was actually waiting for Jimin to wake up so he could start cooking. Although Yoongi is not the best with cooking, he can cook a few basic dishes that'd be enough to keep their tummy full.

He's not sure what Jimin would feel about his cooking since Jimin's typical meals consist of 2-3 main dishes along with 4-5 side dishes. He doesn't have the energy nor the money right now to treat Jimin like that. So, he hopes Jimin will eat whatever he's cooking for them now.

He was done with all the cooking and the only thing to do now was stir the stew. He turns his head when he hears the sound of slippers echoing in the empty house.

" Why did you come down? I would have brought it to your room."
Jimin felt his heart flutter a little when Yoongi referred to it as 'his room'. It makes him feel special.

" I was getting bored."
Jimin said as he took a seat on the dining table, the kitchen was in perfect view from there and Jimin could easily see Yoongi cooking. He looked so serious doing so that it almost made him laugh.

In his home he'd have turned on the TV, or scroll on his phone but there are not such facilities here. His dear phone must be lying on the forest ground, though he knows it was for the best but he has nothing to do besides eating and sleeping.
He wants to help Yoongi while staying in his house and not become a burden on him. He isn't sure how long they're gonna stay here but it must be for a long time as it'll probably take a couple of weeks to settle everything back at his house. If those people were able to infiltrate the party after such tight security that means Jimin is not safe there.

It makes him think about what might have happened at the party after he and Yoongi left.
Was Mr. Park okay?

He knows he hates that man from the bottom of his heart, he was never there when Jimin needed him but still Jimin can't become that vile that he wishes something bad to happen to his own father.