Chapter 1

A/N if you have read/finished the book of firsts you will have read this chapter, I wrote it for this book orignally but when I saw the idea to do a story of their firsts I decided this would be a great way to end that book and start this one, you do not have to have read the book of firsts to read this book just know Taylor and travis are married and this is set next football season/after the eras tour

Taylor's POV

The sun was just beginning to peek through the curtains of our kitchen, casting a soft, golden light over the space. I was eight months pregnant and feeling every bit of the anticipation and nervousness that came with it. This morning was a big one: Travis was starting his first day of training camp at St. Joe's. It was a new chapter for him, and as proud as I was, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of anxiety. Our baby was due in just three weeks, exactly when training camp would wrap up.

I stood in the kitchen, my hands carefully mixing pancake batter while the scent of fresh coffee filled the air. Even though my movements were slower these days and my belly felt like it was in the way of everything, I was determined to make this morning special for Travis.

I was just about to serve up the pancakes when I felt a sudden, warm gush. My heart skipped a beat as I realized what was happening. I looked down and saw a small puddle forming on the floor—my water had broken. Panic surged through me as I tried to process the situation.

"Travis!" I called out, my voice trembling. "Travis, I think my water just broke."

Travis, who was sitting at the island, immediately stood up, his eyes widening in alarm. "Are you okay? What do we do?"

I took a deep breath, trying to stay calm despite the chaos unfolding. "I think it's happening earlier than we expected. I'm a bit scared, but I think we need to get to the hospital."

Travis's face turned from concern to determined focus. He grabbed his phone, but as he started to dial, he stopped and shoved it into his pocket. "Forget the call. We need to get to the hospital, now."

He quickly helped me clean up and get ready, his movements frantic but precise. The urgency in his actions was palpable. I saw him glance at his phone again, but he didn't make the call. His mind was clearly elsewhere, only focused on getting me to the hospital as quickly as possible.

"Come on," he said, gently helping me into the car. "I'll drive us there."

As soon as we were in the car, Travis's focus shifted entirely to getting us to the hospital. He sped through the streets, his knuckles white as he gripped the steering wheel. Every stoplight seemed like an eternity, and I could see his impatience growing with each passing second.

"Hold on," he said, glancing at me with a mix of concern and determination. "We'll be there soon."

His driving was a whirlwind of speed and urgency. The streets blurred past us, and despite my nerves, I found comfort in his resolute presence. The sound of sirens and honking horns seemed to merge into a chaotic symphony of anticipation.

When we finally arrived at the hospital, Travis parked the car in the nearest spot he could find and helped me out with a care that masked his own anxiety. He rushed me inside, his movements quick and purposeful. The hospital staff sprang into action as soon as they saw us, guiding me to the check-in desk.

Amidst the flurry of activity, Travis was a whirlwind of focused energy. He helped me through the doors, all the while making sure I was comfortable. I could see his concern etched on his face, but his eyes held a determined spark. He had one thing on his mind: getting me and our baby to safety.