Ten: Quiet Storms

The next morning, the house was filled with the typical post-party chaos—sleepy eyes, murmured greetings, and the smell of coffee brewing in the kitchen. Despite the events of the previous night, the girls had slipped back into their normal routines, acting as if nothing had happened. Lola, true to her word, played along, flashing her usual bright smile and brushing off the concerned looks with jokes about drinking too much and not knowing her limits.

"I swear, I'm never drinking like that again," she said, laughing as she sipped from her mug. "That was a disaster."

Morgan raised an eyebrow but didn't push further. "Just take it easy next time. You gave us all a scare."

Lola waved it off, her laughter masking the tension in her chest. "I promise I'm fine. Just needed some air and to get my head straight."

Justice glanced at her, concern flickering in her eyes, but like the others, she let it go. After all, they had all been there at some point—too many drinks, too many emotions, and things got messy. It happens.

But something about the whole situation gnawed at Justice. She couldn't shake the feeling that Lola was hiding something deeper, but until her friend was ready to talk, there wasn't much she could do. She trusted Lola, so for now, she'd take her word for it.

After breakfast, Justice needed some air, something to clear her head from the haze of the last few days. The party had been a whirlwind, the boys next door, and the secret she kept buried deep inside—it was all too much. She grabbed her bag and keys, announcing she was heading out for coffee.

"You guys want anything?" she asked, pulling her jacket on.

"Nah, we're good," Julissa called from the living room, where she and Morgan were watching a show.

Lola waved her hand dismissively. "I'm still recovering. No caffeine for me."

Justice smiled faintly and slipped out the door. She didn't mind the solitude. In fact, she craved it.

𖤛❀𖤛❀𖤛❀𖤛❀𖤛❀𖤛

The little café just a few blocks from their rental had quickly become her favorite spot. It was small, quiet, and tucked away from the main street. The smell of fresh pastries and the soft hum of light conversation made it the perfect place to unwind.

Justice walked in, ordered her usual—a caramel macchiato—and found a seat near the window, her mind drifting as she sipped her drink. The past few days had been overwhelming, to say the least. There were the boys next door, the party, and the constant tension of keeping her secret hidden. But here, in the quiet café, it was easy to pretend that everything was normal. At least for a little while.

But her moment of peace didn't last long.

"Justice?"

She looked up, startled by the familiar voice. Standing just a few feet away, wearing a mischievous grin and holding a coffee of his own, was Wooyoung.

"Oh, hey," Justice said, surprised. She hadn't expected to see anyone she knew, let alone someone from the night before. "Didn't think I'd run into anyone here."

Wooyoung chuckled, sliding into the seat across from her without hesitation. "Small world, huh? This is my favorite spot when we're in the area. I guess we have good taste."

Justice smiled, trying to hide her nerves. Wooyoung was charming, and there was something about him that made people feel at ease, but she couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable. After everything with Yoongi the night before, running into Wooyoung felt like a strange coincidence.