Chapter 1 ~ Thorn ~

"baby, come back to bed" the woman purred as she stretched out a long leg and ran her well manicured fingers up and down her smooth thigh endeavouring to make herself look as alluring as possible.

Thorn looked back across the room at the beautiful woman he had bedded last night, he had already stayed longer than usual and he didn't want her thinking that they were a thing.

"sorry sweetheart, I have to go but it was fun" Thorn said as he pulled on his shorts and pants.

"are you sure? I could make us something to eat?" she added.

"thanks for the offer but I've already stayed longer than I intended and I thought we both agreed last night that it was just sex"

"I know but I thought ... oh never mind" she replied rolling over and presenting her back to him as he finished dressing.

Thorn looked at the gentle curve of her back and felt a tinge of guilt then shook it off, he was always honest with his hook ups and told them that he wasn't looking for anything serious, that was reserved for his mate if he ever found her"

He finger combed his long black tresses and twisted them into a top knot which he secured with a length of cord then he walked across to the bed and lightly slapped the woman's silk covered bottom.

"I'm leaving" Thorn said.

"ok, bye" a muffled voice called out from the pillow.

"don't be like that sweetheart, I thought we were on the same page or I would have never ..." he began.

"ok, I get it, sheesh, just go already"

Thorn didn't need to be told twice, he shrugged his shoulders and walked to the door before slipping his feet into his boots then he walked out of the woman's apartment pulling the door closed behind him and headed down to his car.

Bangkok was going to be busy this time of day on a Saturday morning and he had to get back home for training exercises. His best friend and future beta Merrick would no doubt be waiting to give him another speech about one night stands,

'you should be saving yourself for your mate, imagine how your mate would feel to find out what a man whore you've been and how would you feel if the tables were turned and she had slept around?'

Thorn grit his teeth to even consider that his mate had been with anyone else, she should be pure, untouched, innocent ... that's if he ever met her.

He didn't want to be like his dad, a virgin in his early forties who still hung on to the dream that one day he would meet his mate, unfortunately Thorn suspected that they had passed away before his dad had turned eighteen, it was the only explanation.

Thorn wasn't going to dream his life away waiting for something that might never happen and if it did he would hope that his mate would understand his reasoning.

At least he had never indulged in a relationship with anyone, he had never been emotionally involved and it's not as if it was a regular occurrence. 

Occasionally when he felt horny he would go to a club, talk to a pretty lady then ask them outright they wanted to have some fun and most of them said yes, no one was hurt or if they were they never alluded to the fact

Navigating the busy traffic he drove for two hours until he reached the mountains near Kanchanaburi and headed towards the remote gated community where his pack resided, the Dragon Moon pack.

The men on guard duty opened the gate for him and he drove through while greeting them with a nod then he continued on towards the pack house.

Pulling up in front of the large property he waved at a few pack members as he climbed out of his car then he saw his dad standing on the porch with Merrick's dad, the current beta. Thorn walked across to the pair before putting the palms of his hands together and wai'ing to show respect to his elders.