Chapter 12 ~ coming home ~

Several days later found Korn packing his clothes to drive back home, he had stayed away as long as he could without everyone panicking and sending out a search party, he was going to miss this little room and the old lady who he had become quite fond of.

What had been an impromptu trip to escape from his problems for a while had turned into a much needed mini vacation where he'd relaxed, gone for quiet walks, ate good food and slept and he hadn't given any more thought to the problems he had run away from.

He had tried to call Thorn a few times but Thorn hadn't picked up so he assumed he was training and just turned off his phone again, he would see him soon anyway. 

His bags were packed so after breakfast and saying goodbye to the old lady he loaded his car and set off back home, he stopped halfway for a break and he turned his phone back on at the same time.

There were a few messages from Thorn saying he'd tried to call him back and that he was looking forward to seeing him again and there were a couple from his mother but nothing from Beam. He scrolled through the contacts and found Thorn's number then pressed call and after a few rings he answered.

"Hi Thorn, it's Korn here" he said.

"hey Korn, I'm sorry I missed your calls, I was training"

"yeah I guessed that's what you were doing, don't worry about it ... I'm just calling you to let you know I'm coming home"

"really? when will you get back?" Thorn asked him.

"mmm maybe in about a couple of hours" Korn replied.

"awesome, will you go to your office or home first?" 

"I'll probably go home to get a shower and change and I should visit my parents" Korn said.

Thorn noticed he hadn't mentioned Beam and he remembered what his dad had said, don't get involved.

"great, let me know when I can see you again, I've missed you so much" Thorn replied.

"well, I have to go or I'll never get home, I'll talk to you later" Korn said.

Thorn smiled as he placed his phone down on the desk in the gym, he was glad that his mate was finally coming back home, maybe they could finally spent some quality time together and accept each other formally.

Korn arrived back at his little house in one piece and after parking up he laid his head back and exhaled while listening to the engine cooling down. Taking a deep breath he climbed out of the car and grabbed all his luggage from the back seat before taking it inside then he went to get a shower and change.

It didn't take him long to unpack his bags because he hadn't taken much with him to begin with then he threw his laundry into the washing machine and set it going before heading over to the pack house, he decided to walk because he'd done enough driving today.

Twenty minutes later he walked in the main entrance and made his way into the kitchen where he found his mother and Beam.

"oh, the wanderer returns" Beam said with a wide grin only to frown when Thinnakorn ignored her comment.

"hey mum, I just came to say hi, I got back about an hour go" Korn said smiling.

"hey baby, have you eaten?" his mother aksed.

"I'm not really hungry, I had a massive breakfast this morning before I left" Korn replied.

"so, where did you disappear to?" Beam asked him.